Thursday, October 12, 2023

Happy Anniversary

 Hello & Happy Thursday!

Yesterday our weather turned out to be so nice! 
A little cool in the morning but we hit 70 in the afternoon!

Today I have a set of Anniversary cards to share with you that I made for Audrey.
Every now & then she'll request a pack of Anniversary so I went in search of some retired paper to get me started...








Card Details:

Stamps: Northwoods Rubber Stamps (sentiment)
Ink: Blackberry Bliss
Cardstock: Sweet Sugarplum (retired), Basic White, Petal Garden DSP (retired-2018)
Accessories: Stylish Shapes Dies, Garden Trellis EF (retired-2018), Sweet Sugarplum Enamel Dots (retired), Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

I don't ever remember buying this pack of DSP but it does have some lovely prints!
I will try to incorporate more of my retired stash into cards in the future to help use it up and I know Audrey doesn't mind. 

I had a chance to deliver her card order earlier this week and wanted to give an update on her. She is done with her radiation treatments but will have to do her IV Therapy every other week for the rest of her life. The radiation wiped out her thyroid and she is now on medication. She was not very happy about this. She is 93 years old and has never been on any medications up to this point. She was very talkative and happy when I seen her but she looked awfully tired. When I left I told her I will keep her in my prayers and hoped that she got some rest in the coming days. 

**********************************
My thoughts today...


Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!
~Wendy






2 comments:

Carol L said...

These anniversary cards are the perfect blend of colors, designs and embossing. I love the roses in the papers for a perfect anniversary card. I'm so sorry to learn what Audrey's radiation treatments have done to her body but she's an amazing person in how she takes everything in stride and just pushes forward. I keep her in my prayers every night and it's time to send her another card again. I love the prayer for my friend - that's so special and meaningful. Hugs for a good Thursday and I hope Shawn's knee is improving too.

Vicki said...

Love the colors and DSP on this set of cards. I sure understand how radiation can take a toll on a person. Prayers for your sweet friend 🙏