Sunday, June 10, 2018

Gift Bags

Hello & Happy Sunday!
Yesterday was a very hot & humid day. It really felt like summer!
My ac was cranked on since Friday afternoon so it stayed cool inside but outside it was blah!
While I am glad for the warmer weather....I am not a fan of the humidity. Double blah!

So, yesterday my friends came over for a stamp get together.
We try to get together once a month to make cards.
I enjoy it so much!
Earlier this week I picked up some gift bags at the Dollar Tree, 3 for $1. Can't beat that!
I decorated them and put a tag on each so they would have something to take their cards home in.




Aren't they pretty?
The paper on the bag comes from the Garden Impressions DSP pack. 
I layered some Shaded Spruce under it which I have come to really LIKE! 
For the tag I used the roses from the Abstract Impressions stamp set. I used Melon Mambo and did some stamping off on the under layers and full strength for the more detailed stamp on top. My little dots came from the Painted Harvest set. The sentiment comes from the Southern Serenade stamp set. I tied some retired Thick Melon Mambo on my tag and attached it to my bags with Dimensionals. I forgot to mention that I punched the top of my tag with the retired Ornate Tag Topper Punch which is also retired.


Project Details:

Stamps: Abstract Impressions, Painted Harvest, Southern Serenade
Ink: Melon Mambo, Shaded Spruce, Petal Pink
Cardstock: Shaded Spruce, Whisper White, Garden Impressions DSP
Accessories: Stitched Shapes Framelits, Circle Layering Framelits, Ornate Tag Topper Punch, Thick Melon Mambo Twine, Melon Mambo Enamel Dots, Dimensionals, Tombow Liquid Glue


I was so happy with these that I think I will try to decorate all my bags from now on....that is IF I have time. The girls loved them and all of the cards they made. I guess now it's time to start designing for our next get together which will probably be after July 4th! Can't wait!

***************************************************************
My thoughts today....


That's all for now!
Thanks for stopping by & make it a terrific day!
~Wendy

3 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Beautiful bags, Wendy! Such a treat, but then treats are right up your ally!

Carol L said...

Now that's a bargain on those bags but you dressed them up so nicely with those pretty papers and tags! Ditto to the humidity - our a/c has been working hard as well. It should cool off later today when the rains come ...........sigh

D'Ann said...

So pretty! I am loving all these creations with the Abstract Impressions suite. You're slowly convincing me that I *need* this suite. Lol! Love, love, love everything you created from it.