Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Wood Crates

Hello & Happy Tuesday!

Hope you are all having a nice week so far!
Yesterday & today our weather has been gorgeous!
We had a rather busy day yesterday with doctor appointments then we took the bikes out!
I enjoy the bikes rides ALOT especially when our weather is a 10+!

My doctor visit yesterday was with a Dermatologist.
I have had this skin issue since Shawn was in the hospital in January 2017.
My family doctor has been prescribing a variety of topical creams & antifungal medications to combat it but nothing was taking it away and I keep getting new spots. 
Yesterday the Dermatologist looked at everything and diagnosed me with Psoriasis.
Yea, I had that feeling since it began but my family doctor said no.
It's all over my body from head to toe. 
The itch is horrible and some of the plaques (as they call the spots) are awful looking.
Psoriasis has no cure and hopefully with the new medicines he prescribed I can get it under control.
This is for life and finding the correct medicine to keep it under control is key.
I tell ya, ever since I turned 50....it all went downhill!

So, today I want to share another July 4th treat I whipped up.
I used those fun Wood Crates!



My crates are diecut from Thick Whisper White cardstock, 
Once they are glued and dried, I added some white shred paper from the Dollar Tree then my 3 x 5 Cello Bag with Hershey Kisses in. I found them at Walmart.

Project Details:

Stamps: Wood Words, Sentiment is from Papertreyink
Ink: Night of Navy, Cherry Cobbler
Cardstock: Thick Whisper White, Whisper White
Accessories: Wood Crate Framelits, Cherry Cobbler Stitched Ribbon, Whisper White Baker's Twine, 3X5 Cello Bags, Rhinestones, Shred Paper, Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue


If you make these I would strongly suggest the Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue to adhere these crates together. And also a heavy paper. These can be very flimsy if you don't use something heavy along with a strong holding glue! 
These can be a fun treat to sit on your dinner table for any occasion!
And the candy idea's are endless!

***************************************************
My thoughts today....



That's is all for now!
Thanks for stopping by & have a terrific day!
~Wendy

4 comments:

LeAnne said...

These are adorable!!! What a great idea to use the thick white cardstock too...I know they are a bit flimsy if you use regular paper! I might make some of these with Cassidy, she would enjoy giving it to her friends! Hope the meds help your psoriasis...what a pain. Wait til you turn 60!!!

Cindy Linthicum said...

What a great little treat for someone...might have to do something for the guys at work if time allows. Thanks for the idea.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Okay, now you did it, I want to go make crates! But first I have to run to the pharmacy for R-W-B candy! These are the best, Wendy! Thanks for the inspiration. Isn't it a gorgeous day?

Carol L said...

What Mary Anne said above! LOL I was inspired by the matchbooks, but now you've pushed me over the edge and I need to find R_W_B candy too! Great idea, and such a cute crate box too!