Thursday, June 28, 2018

Healing Hugs

Good Morning & Happy Thursday!

Yesterday was just a dark & dreary day here in PA.
It was almost dark with those heavy dark clouds and we had hardly no rain but that humidity really jumped up. I worked most of the day in my stamp room. I replaced the bags that hold my cards on my card rack with cello bags and labeled each one with the Label Maker. It makes it much nicer now to look for specific cards.

I did create a card yesterday with my NEW Healing Hugs set.
It arrived on Monday and I was dying to make a card with it.
I seen a video that Patty Bennett did that she used Sponge Daubers and I had to try it!




I inked up my rose in Mango Melody and took my Sponge Dauber and hit the Melon Mambo pad  for some ink. I took the Sponge Dauber directly on the rubber with the Mango Melody ink still on it and pounced it on the edge and in the center. It really makes it look more realistic doesn't it?
I am going to have to do more of these once I get more Sponge Daubers. Only had a couple in my stash from a few years ago. I also did the same on the leaves. They were stamped with Granny Apple Green and Sponge Daubered with Shaded Spruce. Such a cool technique to bring more color to your stamp! Give it a try....I know your going to love it, too!


Card Details:

Stamps: Healing Hugs
Ink: Mango Melody, Melon Mambo, Granny Apple Green, Shaded Spruce
Cardstock: Melon Mambo, Mango Melody, Whisper White
Accessories: Melon Mambo Enamel Dots, Sponge Daubers, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue


This stamp set is in the NEW line of stamps from Stampin Up called Distinktive which gives the images a more 3D look. I think it's pretty neat!

********************************************
My thoughts today....


That's all for now!
Thanks for stopping by & stay cool today!
~Wendy

2 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Glad you have a perfect flower now. This is gorgeous!

Carol L said...

The technique used makes for a very realistic flower image! I love those great color choices too! Beautiful get well cards - I need to make a few more of them myself! I hope you're enjoying this wonderful day before Momma Nature turns the heat up tomorrow!