Thursday, July 5, 2018

New Year

Hello & Happy Thursday!

Hope you all had a nice July 4th Holiday!
It was hot as you know what here!
Being this hot called for grilling outside and eating inside!
The other day I mentioned that my AC wasn't keeping up with our near 100 degree temps. 
The AC unit is not that old so Shawn pulled out the filter. 
Oh Lord, that thing was so dirty! No clean air was getting thru so that is why it was not keeping it cool.
It has been working like a charm ever since! 
I hope your all managing to stay cool in this heatwave!

Today I have a card to share but please don't laugh when I tell you what occasion it is! LOL
I was going thru some stamps that are in a box. Most are just cling mount.
I found this stamp from Stampin Up from several years ago for New Years Eve and what is one to do but make a card with it! LOL



This card uses the new Merry Merlot ink & cardstock. A lovely color which reminds me so much of Baroque Burgundy & Bravo Burgundy that was around years ago! The stamp is retired as is the Boho Chic Embossing Folder that I used. 

Card Details:

Stamps: New Year
Ink: Merry Merlot
Cardstock: Merry Merlot, Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Gold Foil Paper
Accessories: BoHo Chic EF (retired), Layering Oval Framelits, Triple Banner Punch, Gold Tinsel Ribbon, Gold Metallic Enamel Stars, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue


I honestly do not know if I ever used this stamp before. It looked awfully new! 
I like how this turned out in this color as well as all the pops of gold!
I will make more of these and hope once Christmas rolls around I remember to send them out!
I have sent out Happy New Year cards in the past but it's been quite awhile!

****************************************************************
My thoughts today....


Yep, I can totally relate!

That's all for now!
Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!
~Wendy

3 comments:

LeAnne said...

SO glad you got your A/C fixed, and what an easy fix too!
Now, I won't laugh at your card because I think it is awesome, and I don't even remember that stamp! It's fabulous! AND I saw someone made a Halloween card and put it on their blog today, so there are others thinking ahead as well! In the stamping world, we can stamp anything at any time!! Stay cool, my friend!

Carol L said...

I make Christmas cards all year long, so a New Year's card is right up my alley! Love this fun stamp and ef, and those colors are rich! That sparkly tinsel ribbon seals the deal perfectly! I can relate to Snoopy too! LOL We get a little relief tomorrow thank goodness!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

New year! You really are wishing for cooler weather! This is just beautiful, and I love that count down stamp. Bravo.