Thursday, October 24, 2024

With Sympathy

Good Morning & Happy Thursday!

So sorry for not updating yesterday. Tuesday evening we had to take the living room furniture down to the family room since the new furniture was scheduled to come on Wednesday.
While we were downstairs we noticed the boiler/furnace was leaking water. I had a feeling something was wrong because on Monday I had heat turned on downstairs and it was quite cold down there. The mornings have been quite chilly/frosty lately and with this injection I am cold 90% of the time. I just did not think anything of it because the daytime temps have been hitting mid 70's. Once we saw the water leaking I knew something was off. So, yesterday the guy came that Shawn uses at work for HVAC stuff and had us back in business within 20 minutes. YAY! We have heat again! Oh, and the living room furniture is so nice! This is my second set of Lazy Boy furniture and it's just so well built and comfortable! Here is to another 20 years! LOL

Today, Shawn is back to work and I am set to watch 2 good Hallmark Christmas movies this morning then get some crafting done....at least that's the plan!
I wanted to share a card from World Cardmaking Day with you that the girls & I made. It was another quick & easy one!



Card Details:

Stamps: Lasting Lily (retired), Autumn Leaves (Million Dollar Sales Achiever Set)
Ink: Pecan Pie
Cardstock: Pecan Pie, Basic White, Iconic Celebrations DSP (Online Exclusives), Oxidized Copper Specialty Paper
Accessories: Autumn Leaves Dies, Oval Layering Framelits (retired), Neutral Adhesive Backed Sequins, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

Guess I better get my butt moving....lots to do today!

****************************
My thoughts today...


Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!
~Wendy








2 comments:

LeAnne said...

What a lovely sympathy card. The leaves add just the right touch! Glad you got that hot water heater repaired, yikes, that might have been a disaster!

Carol L said...

I like that plaid paper with the big leaf. The colors are soothing and perfect for a sympathy card. I'm glad you got things fixed up with your water heater quickly. I don't take injections like you do, but I'm always cold too. Even when the temps were in the 80s this past week, I had a zipped up hoodie on most of the time. My body thermostat must be broken LOL