Thursday, December 13, 2018

Candy Cane Chapsticks

Good Morning & Happy Thursday!

A cold, cloudy morning is on tap here.
We are in for snow flurries today and then rain moving in tonight and tomorrow.
Actually I think the entire weekend is going to be a wash out with showers most of the time.
I have a busy weekend planned starting out with a stamp day with friends Saturday morning.
We will be making Christmas cards!

So today I have something new to share.
It is something I created for Christmas and I have made these before but a bit different.
One day while surfing Pinterest I found these dies from My Favorite Things that cut out a slot to put a plastic holder in to make a Chapstick Holder. I thought the idea was brilliant and hopped on board to order what I needed.


And here is the outcome....




It worked out perfectly that this year Stampin Up gave us some really pretty DSP to match my Candy Cane Chapsticks! The Santa's Workshop DSP was perfect for this project!
I made 20 of these! If any come back to me I will give them to friends!

Project Details:

Stamps: Signs of Santa (now retired), Amuse sentiment
Ink: Poppy Parade
Cardstock: Poppy Parade, Whisper White, Santa's Workshop DSP (now retired)
Accessories: MFT Lip Balm Dies, MFT Lip Balm Pouches, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Oval Layering Framelits, Ornate Tag Topper Punch (retired), Santa's Workshop Enamel Shapes (retired), Poppy Parade Ribbon, Whisper White Twine, Clear Rhinestones, Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

Chapstick is a must have during the winter months to keep those lips from getting chapped & sore and this is a way to dress them for gift giving!
Definitely one of my favorite things for this holiday season!

*******************************************************************
My thoughts today...


Yesterday I worked on another card order from my customer.
Today I have a few Reese's PB Treat Bags to make then moving on to getting my Gift Bags made for Saturday mornings Christmas card day!
Tis the season to be busy!
Hope your day is a little less busy!

Thanks for stopping by & have a wonderful day!
~Wendy

7 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Oh my, you cheated... LOL! I have not seen these where I order from. They came out so cool, Wendy! I must keep looking! My DIL asks for lip stuff every year and these would be great.

Cindy Linthicum said...

Great minds think alike! I ordered those dies a while ago from MFT and have the peppermint chapstick to use if time allows. Yours are really cute.

Vicki Burdick said...

I LOVE these, how fun!!! I will have to look for that die too!!

Carol L said...

What a genius idea and a wonderful package to go along with it! These are super cute and so fun, and I never knew a die could do that, but I love it! You are such a clever girl, keep those treat ideas coming :)

Janice M said...

OMG these are adorable!! So the plastic piece is what comes with the chap stick?? You rock at this kind of thing that's for sure!

LeAnne said...

These are AMAZING!!! SO cute, I want some peppermint candy right now!

D'Ann said...

So cute! I've seen these made before but yours are the very cutest ones!