Thursday, January 24, 2019

Golden Afternoon

Hello & Happy Thursday!

It's a rainy morning here and hopefully the sun will come out this afternoon!

Today I am headed down to my stamp table to work on more cards.
I have told myself that I have to start using up all the millions of packs of designer series papers I have been collecting since my early days of stamping.
The last several days I have been mixing old papers with new stamps and I like how they turned out!

Today though I have another card made using the Buffalo Check background stamp!
If you do not have this stamp, well, you really need it!



I stamped the Buffalo Check background in Night of Navy and paired this with a new set called Golden Afternoon. This set comes from the Occasions Mini Catalog on page 31.
I liked the variety of sentiments and the font!

Card Details:

Stamps: Buffalo Check Background, Golden Afternoon
Ink: Night of Navy, Crumb Cake
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Night of Navy, Whisper White
Accessories: Stitched Shapes Framelits, Square Layering Framelits, Night of Navy Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon (retired), Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

Last week I seen my graduating class of 1984 lost a classmate.
This classmate contacted me in 2012 to make his mom a special Mother's Day card.
He & his mom loved the card so much.
He sent me a handwritten thank you letter which I still have.
He passed away from a massive heart attack at 52 years old.
I got the letter out & read it.
I was pretty saddened by his passing.
I am going to send this card to his wife.
His funeral was last Friday.

********************************************************************
My thoughts today....


~Wendy

4 comments:

LeAnne said...

This is beautiful! I kind of skimmed over this stamp set in the mini catalog, but I had a customer order it yesterday and I thought the fonts in the sentiments were pretty. They're even prettier IRL! Gorgeous color combo! Stay dry today--it's POURING here!

Vicki Burdick said...

I love this card Wendy, you are rocking the Buffalo check. So sorry about your classmate. These kind of cards are always hard. I am sure is wife will appreciate your kind gesture. Hugs~~~

Carol L said...

What a wonderful masculine sympathy card, and I'm so sorry for the loss of your classmate! What a wonderful memory knowing he and his mom loved the card you made for her! Hugsssss

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

What a wonderful mix of the colors. Man, I really like this, Wendy!