Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Thank You Notes

Hello & Happy Tuesday!

Our weather today is to be rain, snow & ice and by day's end our temps are going to bottom out!
I think most of the US is under the gun for drastic cold weather.
I got my extra quilt ready to put on the bed tonight! Burrrr

Today I have one last pack of Thank You notes to share that were a customer request.
I used some All My Love DSP on these.
It's so pretty!




My sentiment comes from the Petal Palette stamp set.
So quick & easy using the Whisper White Notecards & Envelopes!

Card Details:

Stamps: Petal Palette
Ink: Soft Seafoam
Cardstock: Whisper White Notecards & Envelopes, Soft Seafoam, Whisper White, All MY Love DSP
Accessories: Oval Layering Framelits, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

**********************************************************************
My thoughts today.....


Yesterday was my dermatology appointment.
My doctor suggested I start light therapy to help get my psoriasis under control.
The ointment helps with the itch but it's not calming it down any.
Yes, winter is hard on one's skin but a person with psoriasis is 20 times worse.
Mine has been flaring up the past several months and it continues to flare.
My scalp, forehead, lower eye lid, nose and both ears have been hit pretty hard with red spots, flaking & itch. Since I have a steroid cream for my skin, I cannot use it anywhere on my face or scalp because it causes thinning of the skin. 
We talked about taking something in pill form or biologics but the side effects for those are horrible and doctor doesn't want to go that route just yet.
Light Therapy is actually really good for people with Eczema & Psoriasis.
They always suggest 15 minutes a day of sunshine for these types of people.
It helps inflammation, itch and eventually can make the spots/plaques go away almost putting it into remission. This is the route the doctor wants me to go twice a week for 3 months.
He said that if this helps me that I could get a kit to do it at home eventually.
Psoriasis is for life because there is NO cure but can be manageable.
I am still learning as I go and hope for some good results because I do not want to go on any medications especially something like those with horrible side effects!
I'll keep ya posted!

Thanks for stopping by & stay safe out there!
~Wendy

2 comments:

Vicki Burdick said...

Love the card set, Wendy! So simple and elegant, that paper really makes the card. So sorry you are suffering with your psoriasis, I hope the light therapy helps and you can get to a good point. It would be great to be able to do it at home too. Hugs my sweet friend~~~

Carol L said...

Vicki above said exactly what I was thinking - that hopefully the light therapy gives you the relief you need and you can enjoy life again without the annoying irritation of your skin! Doing the therapy at home would be a blessing I'm sure. Oh, and BTW, the card set is just lovely! I love the soft colors and simple design! I may have to get my extra heavy blanket out tonight too - overnight low of 5 tomorrow - YIKES!! Stay warm!