Saturday, January 5, 2019

Sympathy Set

Hello & Happy Saturday!

A rainy day is on tap....again!
I am going to take the day and work on my calendars for 2019 that I never got around to making.
I have a few people asking for them so better late than never, right?

Back before Christmas my customer called and asked for more cards but this time she needed Sympathy. Once I got the Christmas cards completed I moved on to working on her next order.
I had this pack of Frosted Floral Specialty DSP that I had not opened yet so I broke it open and got to work.





I have SO many Stampin Up stamp sets that I usually go back into my stash to use something different. The sentiment on this comes from a set from years ago called Close As A Memory.
It is one of my favorite sympathy sets!

The DSP is beautiful!
It has a shimmer to it that reminds me of winter.

Card Details:

Stamps: Close As A Memory (retired)
Ink: Blackberry Bliss
Cardstock: Blackberry Bliss, Mint Macaron, Whisper White, Frosted Floral Specialty DSP (retired)
Accessories: Stitched Shapes Framelits, Oval Layering Framelits, Mint Macaron 3/8 Taffeta Ribbon (retired), Mint Macaron Faceted Dots, Glue Dots, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue


I left my DSP do all the work since my hands were bothering me.
I need to learn to make alot of my cards this way!

******************************************************
My thoughts today....


No puddles for me but lots of calendar pages instead! 
What better to do on a dreary day?!
Hope your doing something fun!

Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!
~Wendy




4 comments:

Carol L said...

The colors on these are just beautiful and I love those delicate little falling flowers in the dsp! Good thinking letting the dsp do most of the work for you! Yep, another rainy day on tap - nothing better to do than stay in and be productive at the craft table :)

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Very nice cards, Wendy. I fill in my card time making sympathy cards for my DD, who is a director for a home health care business. They go through so manyShe also like them blank so her workers and sign and do personal notes. This is a great design, and I will be sure to use it. Thanks for sharing.

Vicki Burdick said...

Love these, that Sympathy set is a favorite of mine as well, the font is so nice. I love your color combo and that pretty DSP. The bow is the perfect addition! Have a great day and I am looking forward o seeing your calendars.

D'Ann said...

These cards are so very pretty! I make a lot of sympathy cards for my sister and this is great inspiration! By the way, I also kept Close as a Memory, (one of the first sets I ever purchased) but unmounted it and it now sits in my section of sympathy stamps! :)