Friday, May 31, 2019

Happy 50th Anniversary

Hello & Happy Friday!

Today is my hubby's last day of vacation!
All good things must come to an end, right?!

He will start his new job Monday morning in Newark, Delaware which is not too far from home.
He took me there a few weeks ago and it's a little over an hour drive.
It might be faster if he takes a highway but that day we went all back roads.
He will be going back to work for a company whom he worked for before for 16 years and they are who sent us to Joplin, Missouri back in 2010.
Everything came about so fast and they offered him a great package, one that he could not turn down!
There is another person working at this plant that lives close to us so maybe down the road they can take turns driving and it's someone he & I both know well from our high school days.
I feel it's a good fit and i'm really happy for him!

So, not sure what's on our agenda today!
The weather is to be much cooler and no storms.

I do have a quick card to show today that was part of my customer's last order.
A 50th Anniversary card for friends of hers.
She asked that it be personalized so I did that on the printer.
Take a look...



Again, I am using up retired paper from the Painted With Love Specialty Paper from last year.
This paper was some of my favorite and i'm working on using it up!
The Gold Foil heart diecut is from the Be Mine Stitched Framelits dies that are still current and staying in the new Stampin Up Annual Catalog!
The Melon Mambo Ribbon is from the Everything Is Rosy Medley.

Card Details:

Stamps: none, sentiment is computer generated
Ink: none
Cardstock: Melon Mambo, Gold Foil Paper, Whisper White, Painted With Love DSP (retired)
Accessories: Be Mine Stitched Framelits, Oval Layering Framelits, Gold Enamel Heart, Melon Mambo Ruched Ribbon, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue


Isn't it purdy?

*************************************************************************
My thoughts today....


Yes, indeed!

Thanks for stopping by & have a happy day!
~Wendy

2 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Really happy for Shawn. I did not know he worked for them before, which is awesome. Haven't had time to play for a few days and I am getting antsy. I see you are up to creating loveliness, as usual. Your customer will be very pleased.

Carol L said...

That is one gorgeous anniversary card, and I love the touches of gold with all the pink. I hope Shawn is happy with his new job and it would be great to have someone to commute with on that long daily drive for sure! Good luck to him!!