Thursday, June 25, 2020

Peaceful Moments HB

Hello & Happy Thursday!

This week seems like it's really flying by!
Today I have another card to share that was made at my Stamp Day w/ Friends get together last Saturday. We made 4 birthday cards and tomorrow I will share the last one so be sure to stop back!

At my Stamp Day w/ Friends events we usually make a variety of cards using new products as well as retired. My friends have retired products just like I do so I try to incorporate them into my projects. I always say, use what you have!

My collection of stamps range from very old to new. Over the years I have bought many of the older Stampin Up! stamps from Ebay and still use them for my card orders or my Stamp Day events. I do like that now most stamp sets come with a matching die which makes life much easier. I am not much of a fussy cutter because my hands bother me so the dies are wonderful!
Either way, when you come to my Stamp Day w/ Friends event you never know what we are gonna use and everyone seems happy with that!



This card uses a bit of both old & new.
The old being my background stamp. It is called Weathered and I tend to reach for this one quite a bit! Stampin Up! recently had a background stamp out that was almost like this one called Crackle Paint and I did not get it since these 2 background stamps were similar.
The new being a stamp set called Peaceful Moments. It came out in the January -July Mini Catalog and thankfully it carried over into the new Annual Catalog! I love the font in this set!

Over the last few years I try to be a bit more selective of what I order and not just because I need it.
I already have so many wonderful stamps in my collection that I do try to use so I don't want to invest in something that will sit and collect dust.

Card Details:

Stamps: Peaceful Moments, Weather Background (retired)
Ink: Petal Pink, Mossy Meadow
Cardstock: Petal Pink, Mossy Meadow, Whisper White, Magnolia Lane DSP (retired)
Accessories: Circle Layering Framelits,Champagne Rhinestones,  Petal Pink/Champagne Satin Ribbon (retired), Glue Dots, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue


The girls loved how quick & easy this one came together.
And it mails flat, too!
Yay! I am trying getting better about that!

************************************************************
My thoughts today...


Thanks for stopping by & have a wonderful day!
~Wendy


2 comments:

Carol L said...

This is a beautiful card, and I still have that weathered background stamp too! It always looks beautiful on any card, but the Magnolia papers and pretty bows make this one a stand-out! Gorgeous!

D'Ann said...

I love these simple cards! I am trying so hard to use up my old supplies and especially the dsp. This one seems especially nice. Must be the dsp and the combination of your other supplies. I must say that you really have the eye for putting cards together! :)