Thursday, February 7, 2019

Let It Ride

Good Morning & Happy Thursday!

Another rainy day here again!

I will most likely head down to my stamp room and do some fun stamping for myself!

I have a card to share that I made yesterday for a very dear friend that I have known since Kindergarten. She moved away right before 5th grade if I remember correctly.
Fast forward to 2009 and she found me on Facebook and we've been friends on there ever since.

She loves dogs & horses!
She boards horses and takes care of them each & everyday!
Sadly, she lost her husband a few years ago and has been remarkable at healing her heart.
She has quite a few dogs that she dearly loves and that makes her world go round!
She also watches over her elderly mother and her mother's sick dog whom is going thru cancer treatments.
She is just a remarkable person especially for all she's been thru in life.
I made this card to send her in the hopes it will make her smile!
#makeacardsendacard




When I seen the Let It Ride stamp set in our Occasions Mini Catalog I knew I had to get it and make some cards for her. I even sent a catalog to her because she is VERY crafty and inquired about making some cards to sell at a local tack shop she worked at.
She's been SO busy with her crew of dogs, horses and taking care of the sick puppy that I know it's the last thing on her mind. 
I wanted her to know someone was thinking of her and just how awesome she is!

Card Details:

Stamps: Let It Ride, Weathered Background Stamp (retired)
Ink: Cajun Craze, Mossy Meadow
Cardstock: Cajun Craze, Crumb Cake, Mossy Meadow, Very Vanilla
Accessories: Stitched Shapes Framelits, Circle Layering Framelits, Corrugated Heart Elements, Linen Thread, Glue Dot, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue


I really love how this one turned out!
What do you think?

*******************************************************
My thoughts today.....


That's all for now!
Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!
~Wendy

3 comments:

Vicki Burdick said...

I love this card and your story about your friend. You are such a blessing to all your friends! You are truly the definition of what a good friend is suppose to be!! Hugs~~~

Carol L said...

It's great that you re-connected with a former school mate, and I love this card you made for her! Being former horse/dog(s) owners, we too love both these animals, and the card is just perfect for someone in her position! Have a great Thursday!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I'm behind again! Boy you can sure knock my socks off. This is fantastic. I was just telling myself how I lack in horse stuff. Bingo, you read my mind!