Saturday, August 29, 2020

Dove of Hope

 Hello & Happy Saturday!

Yesterday turned out to be pretty stormy here once late afternoon came.
We needed every drop of rain that fell with today bringing more!
Shawn is off to get the truck inspected this morning then a quick trip to Walmart & the Post Office.
I am headed to my stamp table to work on a few Halloween treats plus do laundry.
It's to be a rainy day so what better to do, right?

I have a Christmas card to share that I made last week using the Dove of Hope Bundle from the 2020 August - December Mini Catalog. It is on page 13.
A beautiful set at that!




I started out by diecutting the dove and glueing it all together.
So pretty and the dies cut very nicely!
Next I pulled out a pack of retired Noble Peacock Foil Paper that I never used.
This blue sheet is Blueberry Bushel which is long retired but definitely will live on in my craft room!
I took a piece and run it thru the Big Shot with the Winter Snow EF and look how pretty that looks?!
I then layered it onto a Thick Whisper White cardbase and added my dove. Ughh so pretty!
All I needed yet was a sentiment so I pulled out the Peace Joy Love sentiment from the Dove of Hope stamp set and stamped in on a Stitched Rectangle in Blueberry Bushel ink.
Lastly I added a few rhinestones and called it done.

Card Details:

Stamps: Dove of Hope
Ink: Blueberry Bushel (retired)
Cardstock: Thick Whisper White, Whisper White, Noble Peacock Foil Paper (retired)
Accessories: Detailed Dove Dies, Stitched Rectangle Framelits, Winter Snow EF, Rhinestones, Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue


I was so thrilled with this!
I think the foil paper really made the dove pop here!
I know the pictures don't do it justice because foil paper is SO hard to photograph but it really is pretty in real life!

***************************************************************
My thoughts today...


Thanks for stopping by & have yourself a wonderful day!
~Wendy








4 comments:

Janice M said...

Oh this is so classy and elegant!! Love that blue foil with the snowflakes. I'll have to remember that combo for sure. The few added rhinestones are the perfect finishing touch. Great job! We didn't much rain here but am hoping for some cooler trmps for a few days?? Been weeks since the AC was turned off and windows were open for fresh air!

D'Ann said...

So pretty! I love your beautiful creation. That dove is gorgeous and that embossed Bluebery Bushel foil really does set it off. Love, love, love!

Carol L said...

This is so elegant and just stunning! The embossed foil panel looks velvety rich with that big white dove. I love this fabulous card, it's a real beauty!

Vicki said...

Beautiful! That blue paper really sets it off nicely.