Monday, August 10, 2020

Jar of Flowers

Hello & Happy Monday, Everyone!

Hope you all had a nice weekend! It sure got hot & humid here again! Today we are expecting highs in the mid 90's with high humidity and it's my cleaning day. Blah! Some days I wish I still had that swimming pool! LOL

Today I have a set of cards to share that my card lady requested. She saw the one card I made with the Jar of Flowers stamp set and immediately asked if I could make her a set but with a Thinking of You sentiment. No problem!






I started out by pulling out my Flowers for Every Season DSP which BTW is so pretty!
It is double sided so that makes it even tougher to cover the one side! I cut my paper down to strips so I had enough to use for 5 cards which left me with a couple scraps left now. I layered them onto a panel of Whisper White cardstock then pulled out some Magenta Madness Ribbon and taped it to the  backside. Then I adhered it to my Magenta Madness card base.

I stamped my images with a mask using Memento Black ink so I could use my Stampin Blends to color it. Once that was done I stamped my sentiment on a small oval in Misty Moonlight and diecut a small Oval Layering scallop and layered under the sentiment oval. I adhered my card together, added my Magenta Madness bow with a glue dot and lastly added my In Color Enamel Dots. I love the pop of color from the flowers and the In Color Enamel Dots! Everything is glued flat for easy mailing!

Card Details:

Stamps: Jar of Flowers, Lots to Celebrate
Ink: Memento Black, Misty Moonlight, Stampin Blends
Cardstock: Magenta Madness, Whisper White, Misty Moonlight, Flowers for Every Season DSP
Accessories: Stitched Rectangle Framelits, Oval Layering Framelits, Magenta Madness Ribbon, In Color Enamel Dots, Glue Dots, Multipurpose Liquid Glue


My card lady was so thrilled when I walked in the door and handed her these cards!
She loves her cards and sends lots of them out daily!
I'm so thankful for her....she keeps me busy!

*************************************************************************
My thoughts today...


Thanks for stopping by & have a wonderful day!
~Wendy






 

3 comments:

Vicki Burdick said...

Gorgeous set, I love that Jar of Flowers set and your beautifully colored flowers! So bright and cheery!!

Carol L said...

This is a beautiful set of cards, with the perfect colors for sending cheer through the mail! Loving those colorful accent dots that match the flowers! NJ on these. stay cool!

Janice M said...

What a beautiful set of cards! I bet she did like these!! Love the added enamel dots, they make the perfect accent. I need to make time and use this paper it's so pretty! Stay cool it sure is hot again this week! Hoping we don't go straight from AC to the heater this fall?!