Monday, August 31, 2020

BOO!

 Hello & Happy Monday!

I hope you all had a nice weekend!

Yesterday the weather was a perfect 10! 
Shawn mowed while I got all my flower boxes cleaned up as well as the front & back porches.
Today is a cool & cloudy morning. 
Rain is expected around midday so i'm glad we got the outside chores done yesterday!

I've got a Halloween card to share today that I made last week!
This one uses the cool starburst technique.






When I started this card I wasn't quite sure how it was going to turn out using the Magic in this Night DSP. After a few cardstock color changes I was very pleased with the outcome!
I was afraid it would be too dark for a Halloween card.
I think the pop of color from the Cajun Craze and the Pretty Peacock help!

My sentiment was stamped from the Banner Year stamp set.
The bats are from Festive Post.

Card Details:

Stamps: Banner Year, Festive Post
Ink: Pretty Peacock, Basic Black Archival (retired)
Cardstock: Pretty Peacock, Blackberry Bliss, Whisper White, Magic in this Night DSP
Accessories: Stitched Shapes Framelits, Circle Layering Framelits, Black Glittered Ribbon, Rhinestones, Glue Dots, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue


I hope you like these!
The starburst technique is a fun one once you figure out your paper pieces.
It also helps to use up those scrap pieces which we all have!

******************************************************************
My thoughts today...


It sure has been a hot & very humid August....matter of fact, it's been downright tropical all summer.
While I like the nice warm sunshine, i'm not a fan of the humidity.
I'm ready for some cooler days with brilliant blue skies and sunshine!
Goodbye August.....Bring on September!

Thanks for stopping by & have a marvelous Monday!
~Wendy




3 comments:

Vicki said...

Super cool!!

Janice M said...

This is a fun one! I kinda like the non traditional colors. Need to look up the measurements for this technique cause i sure do have scraps to use up! Yesterday was GORGEOUS! Enjoying the cooler temps for sure. Ran some errands this morning before most of the rain got here. Now hoping to hit the craft room this afternoon/evening if I can find some more sketches to keep my motivation going.

Carol L said...

I love this technique but misplaced my directions for making it. I love all the fun Halloween papers and colors and it's a perfect non-scary Halloween card! Bring on September, I'm SO ready!