Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Forever Fern Bridal Shower Card

 Good Morning & Happy Tuesday, Everyone!

Today is also September 1st!
Time sure is flying by, isn't it?

I know I have been all over the place with cards for different holidays or occasions lately.
Stampin Up has brought out their holiday items early this year so that is why I also started sharing card idea's with them. I can't say enough about the Annual Catalog and the Holiday Catalog this year!

My card that I am sharing today is nothing related to the holidays but rather for a bridal shower.
My card lady was invited to a shower for a family at her church.
She always gives me the card itself so I can try to replicate it.
I did not save the picture that I took of the invite but my card was just about spot on.



The card itself was a rectangle scallop which is what I presented in the center section of the card. We do not have a scallop rectangle that is any larger than what I used here.
The center of the invitation had all the information that was needed to attend.
So I replaced that with a sentiment.
Then around the oval panel in the center was a layer of greens completely around it.
I matched up the color to what was on the invitation with Mossy Meadow.
Some of my greens are stamped directly on the scallop panel and some were stamped & diecut then adhered under the oval panel.
Lastly, I added some white pearls and a Mossy Meadow bow.
My card lady was so happy with this card!
I'm telling you....it was pretty darn close to the original!

Card Details:

Stamps: Forever Fern, Dandelion Wishes (sentiment)
Ink: Mossy Meadow
Cardstock: Thick Whisper White, Mossy Meadow, Whisper White
Accessories: Stitched So Sweetly Dies, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Oval Layering Framelits, Forever Flourishing Dies, Mossy Meadow Satin Ribbon (retired), White Pearls, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue


Now that the bridal shower is over my card lady gave me the invitation to the wedding so I can work on a card for that. 
The wedding is next month so I hope to soon get busy on that!

**************************************************************
My thoughts today...


Thanks for stopping by & enjoy your day!
~Wendy





3 comments:

Carol L said...

This is a great card, and I'm sure the design closely resembles the shower invite. It's beautiful with a great sentiment and a very pretty bow. I hope you're enjoying this lovely weather - it's so nice having the air off for a few days with fresh breezes!

Vicki said...

Love this! The Oval surrounded by the greenery is so pretty!

Janice M said...

Beautiful card!! How great that you can match the invite. Sure they LOVED it!