Monday, October 8, 2018

Halloween Starburst Card

Hello & Happy Monday!

The start of a new week....hope it is great for everyone!
It got pretty hot & humid here yesterday!
I had to break down and turn my ac back on since the doggies were panting.
It's been on since and from what I saw they are calling for a warm & humid week up till Friday.
I am hoping then Fall weather will be here to stay!

Today is my cleaning day so before I get started on that chore I wanted to share one of the cards we made on World Cardmaking Day!






I used up quite a bit of scraps from the Toil & Trouble DSP to create these!
Such pretty colors & prints in this paper make it possible.
I went searching through all my Stampin Up stamps and pulled this set out called A Haunting We Will Go. It's a really old set and one that I just adore!

Card Details:

Stamps: A Haunting We Will Go
Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black
Cardstock: Granny Apple Green, Whisper White, Basic Black, Toil & Trouble DSP
Accessories: Stitched Shapes Framelits, Circle Layering Framelits, Gorgeous Grape Striped Ribbon, Black Rhinestone, Glue Dot, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

Miss Emily said this one was her favorite.
Deb loved the little Trick or Treaters inside the card.
Glad they liked this one because I liked it too!

*****************************************************
My thoughts today....


 I really need my coffee to help get me started today!

Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!
~Wendy


4 comments:

Carol L said...

Your starburst Halloween cards really are cute and so different, but the inside is beyond adorable! Don't you just love those older stamps that continue to bring smiles through the years? I wish now I'd kept all of my older sets more often that not!
My a/c went back on yesterday too and although it's not running this morning, I'm keeping it on until the end of the week when we get cooler more seasonal temps! Enjoy that coffee :)

Janice M said...

Oh now I need to see if I still have the directions/dimensions written down somewhere to make some of these style cards?! I sure have a scrap bin that could stand to be thinned out! Love that inside to with the stamped image. My AC went back on yesterday was just way to humid and muggy.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I love everything about this card... Great design! The papers are fantastic, and the little kids are sheer delight as a surprise on the inside!

Cindy Linthicum said...

Love this card! Great use of your scraps. And that sure is an old stamp set - I think I still have it in my collection too. Halloween and fall sets are hard for me to part with. So glad you enjoyed your time with your girls.

Have you been to L&L since she changed the store around? We went there on Friday as part of the shop hop, and the store is fantastic. So if you haven't been, you need to go and check it out.