Friday, April 10, 2020

With Sympathy

Hello & Happy Friday!

Since today is Good Friday most people are off for the holiday.
Shawn had to go into work this morning while he has contractors there doing work.
He will take Monday off for his Good Friday holiday instead.

What a difference a day makes with our weather!
Yesterday morning it was sunny & warm until lunchtime when a cold front came thru with thunderstorms & gusty winds. Winter came back! Burrrr!
It's still pretty windy out but atleast the sun is shining!

Today I have a set of Sympathy cards to share.
I get lots of orders for them from my card lady so I decided to work ahead while I had some free time on my hands. Since I have been using my pack of English Garden DSP recently for other projects, it was already out on my table and I decided to use it for this card set...





I loved the patterns in this retired pack of paper and this flower print was my last whole sheet that was left. I really like the watercolored look of those blue flowers!
My sentiment comes from the Flourishing Phrases set that I stamped on a Stitched Shape diecut and added a rhinestone. Lastly I added some Braided Trim to each card. Very nice ribbon but it can be a bit bulky.


Card Details:

Stamps: Flourishing Phrases
Ink: Night of Navy
Cardstock: Thick Whisper White, Night of Navy, Whisper White, English Garden DSP (retired)
Accessories: Stitched Shapes Framelits, Oval Layering Framelits, Braided Trim Ribbon, Rhinestones, Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue


Another pack all ready to go!

******************************************************
My thoughts today...


Thanks for stopping by & have yourself a wonderful day!
~Wendy


3 comments:

Carol L said...

Those big beautiful flowers really are pretty and the paper makes gorgeous sympathy cards. I really like that braided trim too - such a nice warm touch! I have been shivering all day wearing long sleeves and I think now I'm gonna go put my hoodie on because I just can't get warm! I thought it was spring??? LOL Happy weekend!

Janice M said...

These are absolutely beautiful Wendy!! Will have to see what for paper I have similar and CASE! Sympathy cards are always good to have on hand.

Vicki said...

Simple and elegant!