Thursday, April 8, 2021

Fun Pocket Card

 Hello & Happy Thursday!

We've been having some really nice weather here in Pennsylvania the last few days and I have not been downstairs to stamp the last 2 days. Today I plan too if I get all my other chores done! My hubby was off yesterday that is why i'm off my schedule.

I have a cool card to share today using the Friends Are Like Seashells stamp set!




My card starts with a Blushing Bride cardbase that measures 4 1/4 x 11 and scored at 5 1/2 and again at 1 1/4. Then I adhered each side of the card on the inside to create the pocket. The 1 1/4 inch flap is folded to the outside then I used the Detailed Trio Punch on the corners to round them. I added my Sand & Sea DSP to the front with 2 different prints.
I created the pull out tag using a piece of Blushing Bride cardstock measuring 3 1/4 x 4 1/2. Then a piece of Basic White measuring 3 x 4 1/4. I rounded the corners at just the top of the pull out tag. Then I used my retired Round Top Tab Punch and punched out a So Saffron piece to use as a pull tab. This punch has been retired for many years but I always reach for it when I make Pocket Cards!
The focal sentiment on the front of the card was diecut with the Stitched Shapes Framelits and the Circle Layering Framelits.
The sentiment comes from the Friends Are Like Seashells stamp set. The shells are from the Seaside Shells Dies. I stamped them on various cardstocks and diecut them out. I love the different colors!
Lastly, I added a Blushing Bride twine bow and some Opal Rounds.
The Opal Rounds are very pretty!

Card Details:

Stamps: Friends Are Like Seashells, Sentiment on tag from Stampendous
Ink: Blushing Bride, So Saffron
Cardstock: Blushing Bride, So Saffron, Basic White, Sand & Sea DSP
Accessories: Circle Layering Framelits, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Seaside Shells Dies, Detailed Trio Punch, Round Tab Punch (retired), Blushing Bride Twine, Opal Rounds, Glue Dots, Mini Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

I made these last couple of Friends Are Like Seashells for on my card rack.
I had no beachy style cards left on it so with summer on our heals I thought I better get some made! 
This is a wonderful suite of products which is carrying over to the new 2021-2022 Stampin Up Annual Catalog come May 4th. The only thing not carrying over is the gorgeous Sand & Sea DSP! So if you like this paper you'd better grab it before it's gone.
I do think this is one of Stampin Up's best seashell sets that I have seen and I like all the sentiments included in it!

*************************************************
My thoughts today...


Daffodils are my favorite spring flower!
Yesterday we drove past a local farm that their entire property was lined with daffodils! It was so neat & very pretty!
Thanks for stopping by & enjoy the sunshine today!
~Wendy




1 comment:

Carol L said...

This card is so pretty with all those pink and pastel colors, and I just love the little triple bow of twine! I bet that field of daffodils was really pretty!!!