Sunday, April 4, 2021

Happy Easter!

 Hello & Happy Sunday!

Just a quick post today to share a last minute Easter card I whipped up the other day for my elderly neighbors who are always so kind & gracious to us!
This past year with the pandemic and everyone staying put at home i've tried to send them cards for almost every occasion to let them know that they are in our thoughts and if anything, to make them smile!
This is the card I made for them using the Gift of Hope stamp set which has become one of my favorite sets!




I started with a cardbase of Highland Heather then a layer of Purple Posy that I ran thru the Big Shot with the Tasteful Textile 3D EF. I can't brag about this embossing folder enough....I just love it!
Then I stamped my image on Whisper White cardstock using the Stamparatus with Memento Black ink. I colored my image with Stampin Blends. Then I layered that panel onto a Daffodil Delight panel. 
Next I stamped my sentiment in Highland Heather ink and diecut that with the Circle Layering Framelits then diecut a Highland Heather Scalloped Circle to layer under my sentiment and popped it up with a Dimensional.
Lastly, I added the Daffodil Ribbon & bow and some clear rhinestones to finish it up!

Card Details:

Stamps: Gift of Hope
Ink: Memento Black, Highland Heather, Stampin Blends-Highland Heather, Granny Apple Green, Daffodil Delight
Cardstock: Highland Heather, Purple Posy, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White
Accessories: Stamparatus, Tasteful Textile 3D EF, Circle Layering Framelits, Rhinestones, Daffodil Delight Ribbon (retired), Glue Dots, Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

I did not get this card in the mail soon enough for them to receive it before Easter so Shawn walked it over to hand deliver to them then we headed to the Rail Trail for a 4 mile walk. It was still pretty windy & cool but the sunshine felt nice.
Today we are going to try to get a bike ride in before we start cooking our Easter dinner.
It's to be a really nice day here so I bet the Rail Trail will be hoppin'!

*********************************************************************
My thoughts today...


Wishing you all a wonderful day!
~Wendy


2 comments:

Carol L said...

You're so thoughtful to think of your elderly neighbors with such pretty cards! The colors on this are just beautiful! We have kind neighbors who look in on us all the time too and without them, I don't know where we'd be today! Happy Easter to you and yours - enjoy your bike ride today!

LeAnne said...

This is beautiful, Wendy! You are so thoughtful to keep your neighbors in mind! Hope you've had a nice Easter so far!