Tuesday, November 2, 2010

2 Challenges In One...


Hello fellow stampers & friends!


Hope your day is going well so far! Can you believe that it is November 2nd already! Gosh, this year is just flying by! Yesterday the weather here was gloomy then it rained last evening making it feel quite chilly & damp. We took Fluffy out for a walk at the park then came home to eat supper and we were in our pj's shortly after! Shawn has been battling alittle bit of a cold but said today he feels better but not 100%. Today the sun is shining brightly over Joplin but there's a chill in the air.


I decided as soon as my soap opera was over I was heading to my stamp room today to work on some challenges and get some holiday cards made. I've been quite the slacker! Since Thanksgiving is around the corner I thought i'd better get my butt in gear. LOL Below is this week's Mojo Monday Sketch #163. I combined this challenge with this week's Color Challenge #295 from over at SCS. Today's colors are: Chocolate Chip, Peach Parfait and Cajun Craze. Since I do not have Peach Parfait & Cajun Craze we could substitute Pumpkin Pie & Really Rust.
Take a look...









Mojo Monday Sketch #163 & CC #295 Card:

Stamps: Autumn Leaf Prints, Sentiment from All Year Cheer 3
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie, Really Rust
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie, Really Rust, PTI Vanilla
Accessories: Labels 4 Nestibilities, SU Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Chocolate Chip 5/8 Grosgrain, Sponge, Gold Brads, Scor Tape




Below is a few pictures I snapped on Sunday of Fluffy...
This is where we have been taking her for a walk. It's about 2-3 blocks from our house and it's probably one of the nicest parks i've ever seen. She loves going there! :)






Last picture is of her favorite spot to lay at our new house in Joplin. This is our dining room where there are patio doors that lead out to a screened in room. Oh it's wonderful on a nice day to be able to leave this inside door open for her to go in & out. She absolutely loves this feature! :)



Well, that's all for me on the beautiful day! Thank you for stopping by & I wish you a wonderful day! ~Wendy

7 comments:

Jetstudio Designs said...

Very pretty, I like how you did the happy Thanksgiving. I never thought of only using a piece of the nestie.

Fluffy looks happy with her new house, looks like a great park to walk in.

Vicki Burdick said...

Love this Wendy!!! Soooo fallish!!!! I want to make one!!

CreativeMish said...

Very pretty card. I love the Fall leaves and color choices. And what a cute fur baby!

Carol L said...

I'm loving that card with those pretty leaves and great colors! You already know how much I love that embossing folder :)
If your friend still wants that CB Winter House embossing folder, she can find it here:

http://www.provocraft.com/products/detail.php?cl=cuttlebug&scl=embossing&cat=&item=37-1896

Also, your new surroundings look comfy and cozy! Fluffy found a good spot to enjoy her new home too, and I'll bet she loves to lie in the sun just like my dogs used to do!

Janice M said...

What a pretty card! I thought of that nestie too when I saw the sketch, haven't made a card for it yet though. Your puppy is sooo cute, glad she is liking her new home.

Tammi said...

Amazing job on the sketch, the leaves pretty and so perfect for this time of year. :) Love how you did the top part. TFS the pictures and your dog is so cute!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a beautiful card! Love those falling leaves! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!