Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Thanksgiving Door Hanger


Hello fellow stampers & friends!


I hear the weather back home has been kinda rainy, snowy & cold. Here in MO it's been warm but very breezy. No, i'm not rubbing it in because i'd do anything to be back home but it's been pretty decent here. Saturday hubby worked doing inventory at work then Sunday we raked the leaves from the yard but there are still alot of leaves on the trees around here so I know we aren't done yet! I spent Saturday getting some craft show stuff done. Yesterday, I finished up my decorated candy bar sleeves and the Snowman Soup Tins. Today, I need to get tablets & notebooks finished. Come Friday I have to have my stuff packed and ready to ship back home so the ladies can get everything set up for the Holiday Craft Show which starts Black Friday. I won't have much for this year since I took a vacation from stamping earlier this year but I am trying to make things that are big sellers.



My project today that i'm sharing I made last week. I did a door hanger last month for Halloween and decided from now on to make one for every holiday or every season. Here is my Thanksgiving door hanger.....Take a look!




Thanksgiving Door Hanger:

Stamps: Leaves & Sentiment from Impression Obsession
Ink: Creole Spice Pad, Always Artichoke
Cardstock: Always Artichoke, PTI White, More Mustard, Autumn Traditions DSP
Accessories: Circle & Circle Scallop Nestibitlites, SU Scallop Trim Border Punch, Eggplant Grosgrain, Gold Cord, Buttons, Linen Thread, Exacto Knife, Sanding Block, Glue Dots, Scor Tape




I used last years Autumn Traditions DSP and the leaves & sentiment are both from Impression Obsessions. I added some Elegant Eggplant Grosgrain with some gold cord and a few buttons to dress it up. It's now displayed on my front door till Thanksgiving is over. I will have to go to Micheal's to pick up more of these wood door hangers to make one for Christmas. I love them!!


Well, i'm gonna head back to bed for a bit. I wasn't quite ready to get up this morning when Shawn got up. Last night we went to see the Bon Jovi movie that was out for one night ONLY! It was concert footage of them playing at the New Meadowlands Stadium in New Jersey from this past summer. Bascially, it was the same thing we saw when we seen them in concert in Hershey, PA back in May but I did NOT mind one bit! LOL Shawn & I both enjoyed it! A fun night out indeed!! :)


Thanks for stopping by! Hope you have a great day!
~Wendy

5 comments:

Jetstudio Designs said...

Great project! I like the leaves and the colors you used.

Vicki Burdick said...

This is adorable Wendy, I know who needs one of those, can you we make one soon???? Wish I had made the movie!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

What a fab color combo! Awesome door hanger, Wendy!

Carol L said...

This is really cool and I love the stamp and sentiment! I think it's a great idea to hang one for every holiday, so get crackin' girl! LOL
I'm glad you enjoyed the BJ concert - I just saw it advertised on tv earlier this afternoon! Rock on my friend :)

Tammi said...

Oh wow, so pretty! Love the purple in it! Would love to see Bon Jovi live...maybe someday. :) Didn't realize there was a concert movie out for a night!