Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge 94~ Holly Chickadee

Happy Sunday, friends!

Hope you all had a great weekend.
I decided today to take the pludge and participate in another new to me challenge. The sketch looked pretty easy but I have to say that I struggled with it.

Here is the sketch layout & my samples:






I got this Holly Chickadee stamp at the York Stamp Show last month and have not inked it till now. It is by Impression Obsession. I love their stamps!
I used Real Red for my card base then used a layer of Old Olive and white under the mail image. The white piece is embossed with Cuttlebug's Holly Branch Folder which I purchased last year and never used. I love it but hated that most of it is covered up. I colored my image with Copic Markers. Cut it out with Circle Nestibilities and added some red pearls from Kaiser. The Old Olive & Real Red pieces are punched with SU's Scallop Trim Border Punch. I don't know what it is about that punch but I love it! :) Lastly I added some 5/8 in Old Olive Grosgrain with a flat bow. I'm not real wild on my card but it's growing on me.


Well, hubby is in the kitchen making Apple Crisp for snack and i'm sitting here watching the AMA's and wishing they'd bring Bon Jovi back on stage! LOL Weren't they good?? :)
So, that's all for me tonight! Thanks for stopping by!
~Wendy


SSSC94 Card:

Stamps: Holly Chickadee by Impression Obsession
Ink: Memento Black, Copic Markers
Cardstock: Real Red, Old Olive, GP White
Accessories: Circle Nestibilities, SU Scallop Trim Punch, Cuttlebug Holly Branch Embossing Folder, 5/8 in Old Olive Grosgrain, Red Pearls from Kaiser, Dimensionals, Scor Tape

3 comments:

Vicki Burdick said...

From this side, it sure doesn't look like you struggled!!! I love that image and your coloring is amazing!!! Love that stamp!!!

Carol L said...

Yep! Bon Jovi was great! I'm amazed that he STILL sings as well as he did 20 yrs ago.....and he still LOOKS as good too! *wink* I really liked the finale with NKOTB and BSB too!
I REALLY like this card Wendy! Your coloring is fantastic on that image and I LOVE IO stamps. Wish I had more! You did great on the challenge!! Wish you could have been there on Saturday too - I kept thinking that it's a shame you had to move and miss that, but I promise there will be more when you're back home again! Now you can see why I don't have a pic of myself on my blog LOL I'm just not photogenic at all - bleck!! LOL

Jetstudio Designs said...

Very pretty! I really like that stamp.

Have a great week!!