Friday, November 16, 2018

Country Home

Hello & Happy Friday!

Man, did we ever get hit with an early winter storm yesterday!
This morning it is still snowing here lightly but that is to dissipate as the day wears on.
We had close to 8 inches of snow!
They predicted 1-3! Oh and let's not forget the ice! Our roads were horrible and interstates here turned into parking lots! It was worse than I have ever seen it.

Thank God Shawn is on vacation and did not have to travel to & from work in it.
It was nice to see him go out and snow blow the driveway then go help our neighbors.
Usually our neighbor comes over and starts to shovel our driveway out.
Returning the favor was wonderful to see!

We sat most of the day in our PJ's and just watched it snow!
It's always a lovely sight to see it snow and blanket everything but I am just not ready for snow yet.
Our trees still have leaves on them and still falling.
Our front yard is blanketed in leaves even after I raked last week.
Let's hope this snow will melt quickly so we can get the rest of the leaves raked up and out of here!

So, today I have 1 last Thanksgiving card to share from my Stamp Day with Friends.
This was Emily's favorite and she had already decided who she was mailing it too! LOL



I chose this particular image because it does not require as much coloring so my hands would not hurt. We used Stamping Blends to color this and then put it all together. At first I was not really keen with the Mint Macaron & Blackberry Bliss put together but after looking at the Country Lane DSP, it all seems to go together beautifully....so I went with it!


Card Details:

Stamps: Country Home
Ink: Memento Black, Blackberry Bliss
Cardstock: Mint Macaron, Blackberry Bliss, Whisper White, Country Lane DSP
Accessories: Tailored Tag Punch (flag end), Mint Macaron Taffeta Ribbon (retired), Rhinestones, Glue Dots, Tombo Multipurpose Liquid Glue


Hope you enjoyed seeing all the cards we made at Stamp Day.
These use to be my old neighbors and it's great that we've all continued to stay friends! 

******************************************************************
My thoughts today....


Bring on the coffee!

That is all for now!
Thanks for stopping by & have a wonderful day!
~Wendy

5 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I can tell you are a fan of the blackberry bliss. It is such a wonderful color. Love your coloring you did here, Wendy!

Vicki Burdick said...

Love this, your coloring is perfect!!!

Janice M said...

Wow you wake up early!! LOL That was some storm and the roads were horrible according to my hubby. It looks funny to see all the fresh fallen leaves on TOP of the snow! This card is so pretty! It would make a great fall birthday card too?! The color combo is so eye catching.

Carol L said...

I'm really loving this color combination Wendy! The flowers look so pretty in that old milk can. I used to have an old milk can that I painted, but it was taken off our porch at our previous home by someone who apparently liked it much more than I did :( The bow is such a perfect touch to that great sentiment too! Here's hoping you enjoy the weekend and all that white stuff melts away!

Cindy Linthicum said...

Pretty card and just enough coloring to make the image come to life.