Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Unicorn Happy Birthday

Hello & Happy Tuesday!

I went downstairs today to stamp today and totally forgot to update the blog!
Ughh the horror! LOL

I do have a very cute birthday card to share that I made for my customer.
She wanted a card made for a little girl who loves unicorns!
I looked high & low for a unicorn stamp and found nothing in my stash.
Then as I was getting ready to whip up some Christmas treats, I had an order from Ellen Hutson and I found in my package a cute little Thank You from her and low & behold it was a unicorn!
I cut the Thank You off the bottom of it and used it for this card.
Take a look....



I tried my best to match up the colors to what was already colored on that beautiful unicorn.
I took the Circle Layering Framelits and cut out circles in those colors then cut it in half to create my rainbow. Then added a piece of Umbre Lemon Lime Twist Ribbon which I tied on with a piece of White Baker's Twine. My customer was SO THRILLED with this card. She had also purchase a pair of Unicorn Slippers for the little girl which match perfectly!

Card Details:

Stamps: Cake Soiree (sentiment), Essentials by Ellen Hutson (Unicorn)
Ink: Memento Black
Cardstock: Lemon Lime Twist, Flirty Flamingo, Whisper White, Sweet Sugarplum, Balmy Blue
Accessories: Circle Layering Framelits, Corner Rounder, Lemon Lime Twist Umbre Ribbon, White Baker's Twine, Sweet Sugarplum Enamel Heart, Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue


A very cute card for a little girl and I hope it brought a smile on her special day!

******************************************************************
My thoughts today...


That is all for now!
Thanks for stopping by & have a wonderful day!
~Wendy

4 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

OMGosh, she is going to flip over this. The rainbow corners was so clever and they really work. You did good, Wendy.

Vicki Burdick said...

Love this! I told you it was a winner when you showed me it!!! Glad your customer loved it too!!

Carol L said...

Don't you just love when things work out that way? What a find in your package from EH, and just in the nick of time too! Great match up of those fun colors too and any little girl who enjoys unicorns will love this card :)

Janice M said...

You know I don't think I have any unicorn stamps in my collection either? Good find and great way to "recycle"! Love the way you did the "rainbow" corners. I'm sure it made that little girl very happy.