Friday, April 5, 2019

Easter Treat Holder

Hello & Happy Friday!

Along with the rain we are getting today it's sorta a somber kind of day.
My hubby found out yesterday that they closed his work.
They told management, then on to the employees, then walked mostly everyone out.
Shawn was asked to stay on a few more weeks until they get all the equipment cleaned & shipped to other facilities. He sorta had a feeling about this but in the end it shocked everyone, even him.
He is a motivated guy and very well liked so i'm sure finding another job will happen in time. He came home yesterday around noontime. I think we are a bit numb....

So, a few weeks ago my friend, Vicki over at It's A Stamp Thing suggested we do an Easter Treat holder as a little challenge between us. I was all for it!
Here is the treat holder I made and most of them sold at my Stamp Day w Friends event last Saturday!






One day I decided to play around with the Popcorn Box Thinlits die.
Since I had the Gingham Gala DSP, I went for the colors in the paper pad.
I diecut one in each color.....Grapefruit Grove, Highland Heather, Balmy Blue, Daffodil Delight and lastly Lemon Lime Twist. 
Oh, they were SO pretty is these pastel colors!
I made a handle for them in each color so they could be used as an Easter basket.
I punched out 2 Whisper White Daisies from the Daisy Punch then a 1 inch circle in each color.
Man, that Gingham paper is beautiful and these turned out just super cute!
I filled each basket with some shred paper and a 2X8 Cello bag filled with Reese's Peanut Butter Miniatures and tied them closed with the SaleABration's pretty Organdy Ribbon that matched this pack of paper!
Lastly I stamped Easter Blessings on Whisper White cardstock in Black Memento ink then punched it out with the Classic Label Punch and attached it to baskets.
I only have 1 left which I will gift to one of the kids for Easter.

Project Details:

Stamps: Itty Bitty Greetings (sentiment)
Ink: Memento Black
Cardstock: Grapefruit Grove, Highland Heather, Balmy Blue, Daffodil Delight, Lemon Lime Twist, Whisper White, Gingham Gala DSP
Accessories: Popcorn Box Thinlits (retired), Daisy Punch, 1 Inch Circle Punch, Classic Label Punch, Organdy Ribbon Pack (SAB), Glue Dots, Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

These were such a breathe of fresh air sitting in my stamp room the last few weeks!
I adored the pops of springtime colors and the pretty Daisies on each basket!
So much fun, too!
Now go check out Vicki's Easter Treats here!
I know hers will knock your socks off!

******************************************************************
My thoughts today....


Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!
~Wendy

4 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

OMGosh, Wendy! I am sitting here with my jaw in my lap! Shawn is a great guy, and I am sure he will have no problem finding something new, but what a shocker. As for these treat boxes, they are the epitome of Spring! Simply gorgeous!

Vicki said...

Wow.....just WOW!!!! I love these so much. The daisies are so cute! 🌼🌼
So sorry to hear about Shawn's job. I am sure he will find something else soon. Hugs my sweet friend. Love you ❤❤❤

Carol L said...

I'm so sorry about Shawn's job :( The same thing happened to my hubs and myself back in 2005. No warning, but the writing was on the wall and we both felt it coming too. Still it doesn't make life any easier when you have bills to pay! I hope Shawn lands back on his feet quickly. HUGS
Love your treat baskets, they're really cute! Loving the big flowers and gingham papers and spring colors! Well done!

Betty B. Createjoygivejoy said...

Hugs. My hubby down to 4 days, he believes the same is happening. In my prayers .