Sunday, April 7, 2019

Hey Friend

Good Morning & Happy Sunday!

Hope you are enjoying the weekend!
Yesterday our weather was beautiful so we took the girls out for a walk at the Rail Trail!
It sure pooped them out..and me too!
Today we are planning to pack up the bikes and get a ride in while our weather is nice!
By days end though the clouds are to move back in and bring rain for Monday.
So, yes, taking advantage of it while we can!

Last evening I also delivered a card order.
It's been ready for about 2 weeks so I was happy to get that off my shoulders and into her hands!
My customer got us a dozen of faschnaut donuts last month that her Catholic church makes every year and I wanted to make her a card to say Thank You! Ryan just loves those donuts, as we all do!

I saw this card sketch on Pinterest and this is the card I made for her...



I pulled the fun, bright colors from the retired Picture Perfect Party DSP from last year's Occasions Mini Catalog. This sheet has donuts on it which was just what I was looking for.
The "hey friend" stamp is from the Itty Bitty Greetings set and the dots stamped on the cardbase is from the Picture Perfect Birthday stamp set which is still available.
Lastly. my ribbon is the Lemon Lime Twist Umbre Ribbon which at one time was tied in a knot around a card and I trimmed off the long tails and used a Glue Dot to adhere it to my card.

Card Details:

Stamps: Itty Bitty Greetings, Picture Perfect Birthday
Ink: Bermuda Bay
Cardstock: Bermuda Bay, Lemon Lime Twist, Whisper White, Picture Perfect Party DSP (retired)
Accessories: Lemon Lime Twist Umbre Ribbon, Glue Dot, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue


My friend just loved this card especially the fun colors!
She's such a sweetheart!

**************************************************************
My thoughts today...

I might not be able to move the rest of the day but I most definitely will enjoy the ride!

Thanks for stopping by & enjoy your day whatever you do!
~Wendy

3 comments:

Carol L said...

What a perfect way to say thanks for those faschnauts your friend gave you! I just love them! Great dsp and just perfect for the occasion huh? Enjoy the ride, Butch just cleaned up the chairs to put on the front porch to enjoy this gorgeous day!

Vicki Burdick said...

Super cute, I love that DSP! The ribbon is so pretty too. I have never had or heard of those kind of donuts, but I never meet a donut I didn't like so I bet I would like those! Maybe I can find and try them on my next visit. Enjoy your day, it is nice here too but is suppose to rain later.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Ha Ha... I sure could eat one of those donuts! Glad you got out for a ride..... I have been in this house putting away the last boxes. It was worth it. Such a thoughtful card, Wendy!