Sunday, April 14, 2019

Wedding Card

Good Morning & Happy Sunday!

Hope your all having a nice weekend!
Our plan was to take the bikes out for a quick spin this morning but it's really dreary out and quite breezy. We ended up scratching that idea. We are in for some storms which could get severe later so I think we will just stay put and enjoy our morning coffee.

I have a card to share with you that I made for my customers last order.
I had a picture of the original wedding invite but deleted it once I had made the card to match.
It was a postcard style card but my customer asked for a full card so she could write inside.
It was also done with a wood paper and since we have the Wood Texture DSP, I ran with it!



I used the retired Stitched Season's Framelits which are still on the Clearance Rack at Stampin Up!
Love those dies and I was thrilled to be able to use them once again!

Card Details:

Stamps: For the New Two (retired)
Ink: Early Espresso
Cardstock: Early Espresso, Thick Whisper White, Wood Textures DSP
Acccessories: Stitched Season's Framelits (retired), Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue


I was really happy with the outcome of this card because it really did look so much like the original wedding invite. My customer was even happier with it!

****************************************************************
My thoughts today....


Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!
~Wendy

2 comments:

Carol L said...

I too like making wedding cards that match the invitations if possible. This looks great with all the woodgrain elements! Stay safe in the line of these overnight storms - they say they might get wicked!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Brides have been getting really creative with their invites. This is such a cool idea, Wendy! Using the wood grain looks awesome! Hope you had no damage last night. Hugs.