Saturday, September 18, 2021

Apples & Pears, OH MY!

 Hello & Happy Saturday!

Hope your weekend is off to a great start!

We are up bright & early this morning as my dear hubby has to head in to work.
His work has mandated the vaccines and so many have not gotten them that they are walking off the job and quitting. They must be vaccinated by Nov. 1st or lose their jobs. He will most likely lose 3 of his guys. The one even went to see his lawyer to see what could be done about it. He has a bunch of great hard working guys that have been there many years but will not comply with the mandate. So now Shawn is busting his butt to keep things moving but after a week....I can see how tired & worn out he is. It's just never ending!

So, today I have one last set of apple cards to share with you!





As I went on a scavenger hunt to look for apple paper I found this pack of Tutti Fruitti from a few years ago and thought this would make a nice set of cards. Not only does it have red & green apples but pears, too! Luckily, I had enough to create this set of cards and use a mix of the patterns to coordinate with the colors in my apple DSP!
I started with a Real Red cardbase then a layer of Basic White that I ran thru the Big Shot with the Timeworn Type 3D EF. It's my new favorite! LOL
Then I cut all my DSP 2x3 and staggered them on my Basic White panel. I love this look as I think it's pleasing to the eye!
I then diecut some tags with Basic White cardstock using the Tailor Made Tags Dies (another favorite!) and stamped my sentiment on them in Real Red ink. The saying comes from the Pansy Patch stamp set. Lastly, I added a pretty sheer Real Red bow to each tag and added some Red Rhinestones for a bit of sparkle. I do believe these were my favorites from all the apple cards! I was very fond of the Real Red bows!

Card Details:

Stamps: Pansy Patch
Ink: Real Red
Cardstock: Real Red, Basic White, Tutti Fruitti DSP (retired)
Accessories: Timeworn Type 3D EF, Tailor Made Tags Dies, Real Red Sheer Ribbon, Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue


And of course, my card lady loved them as well!

************************************************
My thoughts today...


That is all for me today!
Thanks for taking time out of your day to visit!
Have a nice weekend!
~Wendy


2 comments:

Carol L said...

The embossing looks great with those fun apple-themed papers and colors! Another great set of cards and very pretty too! Have yourself a wonderful weekend whatever you do!

D'Ann said...

I am loving your week of apple cards! They are all beautifuly created and some bring back fond memories of early card making days. : )