Thursday, September 9, 2021

Celebrating Sunflowers

 Good Morning & Happy Thursday!

Another busy day is on tap!
My card lady called me Tuesday & yesterday and gave me more cards to add to her order. Yesterday we finally got the driveway tore up, widened and repaved. I'm so happy that it is done! It's definitely been a busy summer with the roof & driveway replacements.

Today I have a set of pretty sunflower cards to share that I made for that card order.
She has asked for Fall so I got out the Celebrating Sunflower stamp set & Sunflower Dies and got to work.






I started out with a cardbase of Just Jade cardstock.
Then I added a Basic White layer that I ran thru the Big Shot with the Tasteful Textile 3D EF. You know this is my favorite!!
Next I took some scraps of Flowers For Every Season DSP from last year and added them to my Basic White panel. It's always good to use up scraps and no matter the size there is a way to use them up!
Next I took the Sunflower Dies and cut out the sunflower with Bumble Bee cardstock. I had to use my Die Brush & Foam Mat to get those bits & pieces out of the die which worked like a charm. I adhered it to my card with just a small amount of Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue on the center of the sunflower.
I stamped my sentiment in Just Jade ink and diecut it out with the Stitched Rectangle Framelits then glued that down flat over the diecut sunflower. I added 2 retired Cinnamon Cider Enamel Dots to each Stitched Rectangle Panel and then added a Bumble Bee Gingham Ribbon bow and called this set done.
I think these are my favorites!

Card Details:

Stamps: Sharing Sunshine
Ink: Just Jade
Cardstock: Just Jade, Bumble Bee, Basic White, Flowers For Every Season DSP (retired)
Accessories: Sunflower Dies, Tasteful Textile 3D EF, Stitched Rectangle Framelits, Bumble Bee Gingham Ribbon, Cinnamon Cider Enamel Dots (retired), Glue Dots, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

I so wish Stampin Up! would have kept this paper instead of retiring it.
It's so pretty and filled with many different flowers besides the sunflowers!

***************************************
My thoughts today...


My favorite time of the year!

Thanks for stopping by & make it a wonderful day!
~Wendy




2 comments:

Carol L said...

This is just a beautiful set of cards with those flowers and autumn colors! Love those little gingham bows too!

Witchcrafted Life said...

Fabulously pretty card set! Usually, sunflowers begin appearing around our neck of the (Western Canadian) woods in early to mid-August, but due to a record-shattering heatwave and super dry summer, I spied (and photographed) my first one at the end of June this year. For a sunflower lover like myself, it has been especially lovely to see them for several weeks longer than usual this time around.

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life