Friday, August 5, 2011

Free 4 All Challenge 76

Hello & Happy TGIF!!!

Finally, the weekend is here!
No special plans here but I know each week that passes we get one week closer to our vacation back home! :) Do you have any special or fun plans this weekend?

Well, today is the Free 4 All Challenge over at SCS and our hostess Jeanne themed it "Itty Bitty Flowers". Again, my mind went wandering off to Christmas!! LOL
I grabbed an old punch from my drawer called Spring Flowers Bouquet and punched 2 of them in Cherry Cobbler cardstock to make 1 poinsettia flower. I thought this process would be a quick & easy card but low and behold.....it took me almost 2 hours to get this all worked out! LOL Then I punched out the leaves with my Fern punch from Martha Stewart and it decides to break on me and my glue gun just did not wanna heat up. I hope the rest of my day doesn't go quite like that!



Free 4 All Challenge 76 Card:

Stamps: PSX Sentiment
Ink: Cherry Cobbler
Cardstock: Kraft/Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, Neenah White
Accessories: MS Loopy Border Punch, MS Fern Punch, Spring Flower Bouquet Punch, Oueen & Co. Gold Beads, Glue Dots, Glue Gun, Gold Cord, Scor Tape


So, after 2 hours of making this card, i'm very happy with it! I'm really hooked on the Kraft/Crumb Cake cards this year! I know you'll be seeing more in the coming months! :)

Well, that's all I have for now!
Thanks for stopping by & have a great day, friends!
~Wendy

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Christmas card Wendy. The poinsettia flowers are very effective.

jimlynn said...

All that time paid off as this is just gorgeous!
Lynn

Vicki Burdick said...

Totally Gorgeous!!!!! Love the look of this!!! It just POPS!!! Perfection!!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Absolutely beautiful... have a great weekend!

Janice M said...

LOVE this card Wendy!! Hope I can find a small 5 petal punch sometime!

Tammi said...

Cherry Cobbler is one of my fav colors! This is beautiful, love how you did the cord/flower!

Rose Ann said...

Such a beautiful Christmas card!! I love the elegant script, and your flowers are so pretty with the ferns added!!