Saturday, August 27, 2011

Our Creative Corner Challenge

Hello & Happy Saturday!

Hope your all having a great day so far!
I'm back in PA spending some much needed time with friends & family!

Today is the Our Creative Corner Challenge and I am Guest Designing!! WooHoo!!

Vicki Burdick is the hostess this week over at the OCC and she threw out a Color Challenge today! Below are the colors and my sample....





I went with an old set but one that is not mine. Polar Bears from SU is such a cute set!!


Our Creative Corner Challenge Card:

Stamps: Polar Bears
Ink: Memento Black, Copic Markers
Cardstock: Basic Black, Basic Gray, PTI White
Accessories: Sizzix Snowflakes Embossing Folder, Circle & Lacey Circle Nestibilities, Baker's Twine, Silver Beads, Dimensionals, Scor Tape


Hope ya like!
Today my stamp girls back in PA are having a stamp party! I SO cannot wait!

That's all for now!
Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!
~Wendy

14 comments:

Sharon Wheet said...

Wendy, thank you for being a guest designer. I just love your work, so it is a thrill to have you with us!
When I saw the colors, winter didn't come to mind. But look at your card! How fabulous! LOVE it! and the red scarf is the bomb!
thank you again for being with us. Have a great weekend!

Vicki Burdick said...

Hope you are enjoying your time there! Love this card and you know I love those polar bears!!! Thanks so much for guest designing with us this week on the OCC!!!

Judy said...

What a gorgeous card! I love the subtle use of the red - it makes it really stand out. Hope you are enjoying being with your family and friends in PA.

Carol L said...

What a great card and congrats on your GD spot!! Great stamp set, and I hope you have a blast while you're back in PA :)

Anne Marie Hile said...

Wendy, everything about your card makes me smile! Love that sweet image and all of the pretty details you added. That baker's twine is a fabby touch. Big congrats on your GD spot and hope you are having a blast with your loved ones! Hugs! :)

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Wendy, I'm so glad you could guest design with us this week! I love that scalloped border, the dry embossing, and the multiple strands of twine. Cute!

Jetstudio Designs said...

Great card, I love the color combination. The polar bear set is one of my favorite go to's for winter.

Marjie Kemper said...

Love your card - the scarf pops as does the red and white ribbon and I really love the way you've tied it on there. Happy to have you as a guest designer at OCC!

Holly Barrett said...

The polar bear image is so cute! I think its a great compliment to the color challenge this week. Thanks for joining us as a guest designer this week at Our Creative Corner.

Tui Nathan said...

Oh, this is so so adorable Wendy ... wow that red scarf certainly makes a 'pop' doesn't it, love how you have tied the bakers twine it looks super effective!
Thank you for Guest Designing with us this week and thank you for sharing your fabulous creations!

Janice M said...

Congrats!! Your card is adorable and perfect for this color combo. Love the way you used the twine.

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Loving this sweet card, Wendy! It looks fantastic with the muted colors and that bright splash of red. The baker's twine is a perfect finishing touch. So happy you joined us this week as our Guest Designer - you really did us proud!

Rose Ann said...

Congrats on being GD at OCC, Wendy!! Love your darling card, and the pearls add such a lovely touch!!

Kristin said...

Those polar bears are so stinkin' cute! I love how you colored them and the die cut frame with it is fantastic. Great job with your guest designer spot last week at the OCC, we're glad to have you there!