Sunday, August 7, 2011

Our Creative Corner Challenge

Hello & Happy Saturday/Sunday!
Here it is still Saturday nite but on the east coast it's Sunday!

I've been working on this challenge all evening and i'm just now getting my card uploaded. I made this baby card for today's Our Creative Corner Challenge. Kristin is the hostess this week and it was an inspiration challenge. Below is the picture that she gave us to give for inspiration.




We did have one rule....we were not allowed to use flowers! So I went with the pinks & yellows in the pictures!
I also made this card for a friend of my daughters back in PA who asked me if i'd make her a baby card for a friend who is expecting. How could I refuse!







Our Creative Corner Challenge Card:

Stamps: Baby Bundle, Sentiment from Verve
Ink: Memento Black, Copic Markers
Cardstock: Pretty in Pink, Pink Pirouette, Barely Banana, Neenah White
Accessories: Just My Type (buttons) Embossing Folder, Banana Brads, MS Doily Punch, Banana Grosgrain Ribbon, Scor Tape

I tried to keep this as flat as I could since she will be mailing this over seas.
Hope she likes!


Well, that is all for me today!
I may be back on Sunday with something if the gang doesn't have something else they wanna do. I would like to get Fluffy out of the house. She's been cooped up for weeks now since we have had this major heatwave here. Might just have to take her out for a ride since it's too stinkin hot to walk her.

Thanks for stopping by & enjoy the rest of your weekend!
~Wendy

8 comments:

Tui Nathan said...

Gorgeous card Wendy, love the embossed button border and your colouring is superb! How cute are the little brad accents, they give a nice subtle pop of colour!
Great take on the inspiration picture.
Thank you for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner!

The Other Patti Sue said...

So very precious!

Marjie Kemper said...

What a sweet baby card, Wendy! Love those pops of yellow brads and how they blend into your design so well. The embossed button border gives great texture, too. Thanks for joining us this week at OCC!

Carol L said...

This is so cute with that great sentiment and sweet image!
Our weather broke for a few days and I'm so thankful too! I felt like I was dying a slow death being caged in the house for so long, so I hear ya on taking Fluffy outdoors! Whew! Come on back to PA and cool off a while while doncha? :)

Rose Ann said...

Your baby card is so adorable, Wendy...and I love the embossing!! Sweet!!

JD/ Jill said...

So adorable! Nicely done!

JD/ Jill said...

So adorable! Nicely done!

Tammi said...

Aww, adorable! Pretty in pink and yellow and love that you added brads!