Saturday, August 20, 2011

In Memory of Will Norton

Hello & Happy Saturday!!

Today is the Our Creative Corner Challenge. Vicki is our hostess and she threw at us a Sketch Challenge. Below is the sketch and my samples but before I get to that i'd like to explain the title of my blog post today.

Yesterday, as I watched the news it was brought up that a young man from here in Joplin was killed in the May 22nd tornado. He would have been 19 years old yesterday. As I watched this I got teary eyed and just felt like this young man had so much to offer the world! He was on his way home from his high school graduation when the tornado struck and took him. A life taken way too soon. I in no means knew this young man but his story was one that everyone around the country followed in the days after the tornado. So, as I made today's card I had Will Norton in mind. Happy Birthday, Will Norton!!





Our Creative Corner Sketch Challenge:

Stamps: Extreme Guitar (set #104), A Little Somethin
Ink: Soft Suede, Night of Navy
Cardstock: Night of Navy, Soft Suede, Neenah White, Basic Grey Granola DSP
Accessories: Circle Nestibilities, Happy Birthday Embossing Folder, Soft Suede Grosgrain, Lg Star Punch, Silver Beads, Dimensionals, Scor Tape


Here is the news link on Will Norton if you'd like to check it out.

Well, that's all for me today!
Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!
~Wendy

9 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

How sweet of you to recognize this young man's life! It's a great masculine card and wouldn't it be awesome if you could get the card sent to Will's family?!

Vicki Burdick said...

This is awesome Wendy! I am so glad you played along with my sketch challenge this week on the OCC. I am touched that you made a card in honor of Will Norton. We will be forever changed and linked because of this tragedy in Joplin! Love ya girly!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Great tribute Wendy... this totally rocks!

Carol L said...

How thoughtful of you to pay tribute to a young man who lost his life much too soon. I'm sure there are lots of stories like his with the good folks in Joplin who survived that unbelievable catastrophe.
Your card is awesome and I love the colors and papers! Happy Birthday Will Norton!!

Holly Barrett said...

What a wonderful thing to recognize and you've done it well with this card. I really like the colors you chose and the embossing used on the circle. Great take on this week's sketch at Our Creative Corner. Thanks for joining us!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Good job, Wendy! Happy Birthday, Will! This is a fab tribute !

nherr said...

I like everything about this card... including your inspiration.

Tui Nathan said...

A fabulous card Wendy and a fitting tribute!
Love what you have done here - the embossed background, the rock star sentiment and the patterned paper all add up beautifully for a fabulous creation!!!
Thank you for sharing with us at Our Creative Corner!!!

Marjie Kemper said...

Your card is beautiful! Love the papers you've chosen and the embossed panel. This is a wonderful tribute to a life taken too soon. Thanks for joining in at OCC this week!