Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Mixed Metals Foil Card

Hello & Happy Tuesday!

Hope your week is moving along smoothly!

I got so much accomplished yesterday! 
All my Christmas cards have been addressed and mailed, the gifts are wrapped and my cookies are mixed up and in the fridge ready to be baked.

Today I am heading to my stamp table to make up a couple gift cards and also my dear hubby requested a few cards for his boss & other management people at work.
This is the card he requested.


Actually this card was designed for my last get together with my friends. I wanted something easy but also to show off the pretty foil papers that Stampin Up carries. I cased the idea from BJ Peters with a few changes....



I have not used the Winter Wonder Embossing Folder hardly at all this season and that makes me sad because it is quite pretty but those foil papers just make it shine beautifully!


Snowflake Embossed Foil Card:

Stamps: Holly Berry Happiness (Sentiment)
Ink: Soft Suede
Cardstock: Thick Whisper White, Champagne Foil, Gold Foil, Copper Foil, Silver Foil
Accessories: Winter Wonder EF, Rhinestones, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue


So today I have a few of these cards to create but Shawn wanted a different saying on them.
It will be a fun day of creating!

I hope you all are getting your Christmas preparations underway!
I have cookies to bake tomorrow and 2 more gifts to wrap as soon as they are delivered. 
My hubby has a long weekend coming up so we have planned an evening out. Going to a nice place for supper then off to see some holiday lights! I'm looking forward to it!

**********************************************************************
My thoughts today....


Shawn took this picture at the Steam Into History train the other weekend when we had snow.
It was awesome to see and what a great shot!

That's all for now!
Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!
~Wendy

4 comments:

Janice M said...

WoW! You've been very busy! I'm so far behind this year. That card is absolutely beautiful no wonder Shawn picked that one! Love the picture he took of the train in the snow, so pretty! Sorry I've been MIA in commenting. Haven't been on the laptop much at all lately. The phone spoils me in being able to check emails and FB. Hoping the New Year things settle down and get back to normal. Need to find my crafting mojo as it seems to have went away.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Excellent choice, Shawn! This is simply stunning!

LeAnne said...

BEAUTIFUL card...I haven't used that snowflake enough either! I love that you managed to use all three foils on the same card...so pretty! Simple and glamorous! AND the picture that Shawn took was amazing! It could be a picture postcard!

Carol L said...

That embossing folder and those metallic cardstock panels are a match made in Christmas heaven! WOW, that is SO pretty!! Shawn took one awesome photo of that train in the snow too - it looks like a vintage postcard! Have fun baking tomorrow :)