Friday, February 16, 2018

With Heartfelt Sympathy

Hello & Happy Friday!

The weekend is here!
Last night we had some pretty heavy rains come thru and yesterday our high temp hit 68 degrees!
I even slept with the bedroom window open last night because the house was kinda stuffy.
Today we still have rain and it's dreary & foggy out. Tomorrow they are calling for...2-5 inches of snow. Blah! Winter, I am SO over you! I noticed yesterday that my daffodils are popping up and that only means one thing....Spring is coming!

Today I have a set of cards made for my customer.
She told me a story about a family who recently lost their mother and now the youngest son passed away from cancer at age 45. I delivered her order to her last evening and she told me who the cards are for and I was sad to learn it was a longtime family of my hometown. The parents are now gone and there are a number of children. The siblings that are living yet are all girls so she wanted a card geared towards a man. This is what I made her...





I stamped my trees in Soft Suede because I wanted them to be a soft color and nothing bold.
And since I wanted something simple so I went back to my old days of when we first learned about tearing. It gives a different look and texture to a card. I did not add any ribbon, twine or bows. Just my sentiment and left them at that. 

Card Details:

Stamps: Lovely As A Tree, Simply Sketched (retired)
Ink: Soft Suede
Cardstock: Thick Very Vanilla, Soft Suede, Soft Suede Patterned DSP (retired), Very Vanilla
Accessories: Large Oval & Scallop Oval Punches, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

Such a sad occasions to make a card for but I really cannot help liking these alot!

*****************************************
My thoughts today....



That's all for now!
Thanks for stopping by & have yourself a great day!
~Wendy

3 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

No one really like making this kind of card, but Lovely As A Tree always seems to come through. These are just perfect, Wendy! It is pouring here as I type. I think my doggies are quite over this weather, also.

Carol L said...

This is such a wonderful set of sympathy cards, and I'm keeping this for future reference, because it looks wonderful and so serene! My hair kinda looks like this every day until I take the comb to it! LOL Fun stuff - and hey! Enjoy the snow! NOT!!!

Janice M said...

This is a great set! I like the way you tore the edge. I need to remember to do that more. That stamp does make nice sympathy cards.