Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Jar of Flowers Retirement

Hello & Happy Tuesday!

I hope your all staying cool in one way or another!
I have been trying to spend time at my stamp table as a way to stay cool.
Yesterday afternoon I had an hour to spare so I pulled out the Jar of Flowers stamp set and made a pretty Retirement card for my card rack...




At my last Stamp Day w/ Friends event Miss Emily bought my last (lady) Retirement card.
I made myself a note of that so I could get a few more made up.

This card uses a variety of stamps.
I also used the Masking Technique to have my flowers over top of the jar.
Had I not used the masking technique the top of the jar would show thru on my flowers.
It worked like a charm and I would suggest to everyone that purchases this set to make a mask for each flower stamp in that set! It will save you time & frustration! (ask me how I know!)
I used a variety of new In Colors on this! The Magenta Madness color sure is bright!


Card Details:

Stamps: Jar of Flowers, Lots to Celebrate, Many Mates (sentiment)
Ink: Memento Black, Misty Moonlight and Stampin Blends
Cardstock: Magenta Madness, Bumble Bee, Misty Moonlight, Whisper White, Flowers for Every Season DSP
Accessories: Stitched Rectangle Framelits, Oval Layering Framelits, In Color Enamel Dots, Post It Note (to create mask), Bumble Bee Gingham Ribbon, Glue Dot, Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

If you look close enough at my jar you will notice it is different from the jar that comes in the Jar of Flowers stamp set. The jar I used on this card came from the Lots to Celebrate stamp set.
It is new from the August - July 2020 Mini Catalog.
It is also a million dollar achiever set created by Susie Wood.
I think it's going to be one of those sets i'll reach for over & over again! Very cute!

Hope you like this card!
It was really fun to create!

*******************************************************
My thoughts today...



Thanks for stopping by & have a wonderful day!
~Wendy


4 comments:

Carol L said...

This is such a pretty bouquet of flowers and they look perfect in the jar! Great accent dsp and ribbon too and I love the colorful little gem accents that make this one a stand-out! NJ!

Vicki Burdick said...

You know I love this!! What's not to LOVE?? Flowers are my fave!!!

D'Ann said...

Oh boy, this is so pretty! It's on my shopping list :) Thank you for the tip about the masking. I was thinking about getting this set and you've just convinced me.

Janice M said...

Oh this is soooo pretty! Lovin the colors on this one. I'm on the fence about this set? it's on my maybe list. Good to know about the masking. Those little gems are the perfect finishing touch.