Friday, July 10, 2020

Thanks A Bunch

Hello & Happy Friday!

It's a cloudy and humid morning here in PA.
Tropical Storm Fay is moving up the east coast and going to give us some showers, which my yard could use! Along Maryland, Delaware & New Jersey it is to be a soaker!
I just hope some of that rain makes it's way here as we've not had any good rain for atleast a week or more. We had many good chances but lucked out in recent days.

I have been playing around with my Celebrating Sunflowers stamp set.
It is one of my favorites!
This time I found a card in the catalog that uses a blue sunflower so I gave it a try!




Not nearly as pretty as the yellow sunflowers but it is different and sometimes I like different!
My embossed white panel was run thru the Big Shot with the Ornate Floral EF which adds texture and makes the background pop. I used 3 of the new In Colors....Cinnamon Cider, Just Jade & Misty Moonlight.

Card Details:

Stamps: Celebrating Sunflowers
Ink: Misty Moonlight
Cardstock: Misty Moonlight, Seaside Spray, Whisper White, Just Jade, Cinnamon Cider
Accessories: Sunflower Dies, Ornate Floral EF, Rhinestones, Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

I have seen so many beautiful cards made from this stamp set!
Sometimes I find that I get stumped on what to make with a set so I turn to the catalog for idea's to help get me started. Who would have thought to create a blue sunflower?!
I'm glad I gave it a try!

****************************************************************
My thoughts today...



Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!
~Wendy


2 comments:

Carol L said...

The blue sunflower really is pretty and I love the fonts on the sentiment panel too! It's good to step out of our comfort zone every now and then, because we never know what we might create! Beautiful! Enjoy the rain :)

Vicki Burdick said...

So pretty, I love your Blue Sunflower!!!