Wednesday, July 1, 2020

God Bless America

Hello & Happy Wednesday!

Happy July 1st!!
The days & months just seem to be flying by!

It's a beautiful morning here in Pennsylvania!
I have a few windows open while we have the cool morning breeze blowing in.
It will be short lived as they are calling for upper 80's this afternoon.
I thought i'd enjoy it before the hazy, hot & humid weather returns.
The ac has been driving my sinuses crazy the last few days!

Yesterday I spent most of the day at my stamp table.
I got all my swap cards ready and sent out.
Then I moved onto making a couple July 4th cards with what I had on hand.
Stampin Up no longer carries anything for the July 4th holiday like they did many years ago.
I am thinking because now they are a global company and other countries around the world do not celebrate the 4th.
So, what's a crafter to do?!

I pulled out my retired God Bless America stamp from 2001 and got to work!





The God Bless America stamp came out in 2001 after the 911 incident in New York, Washington DC & Pennsylvania.
It will always stay in my collection and I do try to use it as often as possible.
Right now our country is in such turmoil and I felt this stamp was perfect for this years July 4th celebrations!

Card Details:

Stamps: God Bless America (retired)
Ink: Real Red & Blueberry Bushel (retired) Stampin Write Markers
Cardstock: Thick Whisper White, Real Red, Blueberry Bushel (retired)
Accessories: Stitched Shapes Framelits, Circle Layering Framelits, Banner Punch (retired), Red Rhinestones, Mini Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue


I hope I captured the patriotic feel in that panel of red, white & blue cardstocks?
I used snippets of cardstocks measuring 1/2 inch and layered them onto a piece of scrap white measuring 2 x 5.  Whatever was hanging over the sides I trimmed off.
Once I had everything glued on I added the red rhinestones for some sparkle.

In the end I was happy with the outcome! 

****************************************************
My thoughts today...


Hope that gave you a giggle?!

Thanks for stopping by & have a wonderful day!
~Wendy


4 comments:

LeAnne said...

I love patriotic stuff and I love this stamp!!! You've created a wonderful set of cards too!

Carol L said...

I miss making cards for OWH that I did for so many years, and what you've created captures that patriotic feeling beautifully! Love the strips of red, white, and blue with a big circle and red gemstones! Great design and a great set of cards. I'd never part with that stamp set if I owned it either. I love the little white heart inside the blue field on the flag! Awesome!

D'Ann said...

Love this card. The stamps, the strips of red white and blue. Just perfect!

Janice M said...

Perfect card for this year! Life/people sure are CRAZY these days. I meant to make cards for the 4th this year too but.................time just seems to have a way of getting by? Having a puppy in the house sure uses up ALOT of that time?! Cats are sooooo much easier!! ;-) That and having my husband home all the time since he can't travel due to the virus. But I'm sure i'll miss the pup when they leave in the next week or two. Love the way you used the scrap pieces for your card and the rhinestones were the perfect finishing touch.