Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Cheery Chat Birthday

Good Morning & Happy Wednesday!

The sun is shining beautifully this morning but it is downright freezing outside!
I can tell it's really cold just by looking out the window over the frozen snow.

Today I have another set of cards to share that I made as part of my customer order.
The request was for masculine birthday but nothing using any animals.
So I pulled out my pack of Best Route DSP and got to work.





First thing I did was cut my cardstock layers then added my Best Route DSP.
I know I use this design alot but it's a quick way for me to use up my ever growing DSP stash!
Once I had my layers cut I added a piece of Gray Granite Textured Ribbon and taped it to my backside of the cardstock. I have a whole roll of this ribbon and want to use it up.

Next I pulled out an old stamp called Cheery Chat. 
Anyone remember this set?
I stamped my Happy Birthday on the next to the largest Stitched Shapes Square then layered it with a Scalloped Square from the Square Layering Framelits. I then took some coordinating Mango Melody cardstock and cut a Stitched Square from the Largest Stitched Shapes Framelits to add a pop of color. 
Lastly I glued it all down and added a shape from the Best Route Enamel Shapes to finish these.
I think it ties it all together!


Card Details:

Stamps: Cheery Chat (retired)
Ink: Blueberry Bushel
Cardstock: Blueberry Bushel, Gray Granite, Mango Melody, Whisper White, Best Route DSP
Accessories: Stitched Shapes Framelits, Square Layering Framelits, Best Route Enamel Shapes, Gray Granite Textured Ribbon, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue


I think these turned out pretty awesome and hope my customer likes them!

************************************************************************
My thoughts today...


Yes, indeed!

Stay warm & thanks for stopping by!
~Wendy




4 comments:

LeAnne said...

Great set of fun cards, that DSP has some great colors! I don't remember that particular set of greetings but it definitely has that early-SU style font that I DO remember! Great masculine cards!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Very nice color combo, Wendy! Great design. Always enjoy a good masculine card.

Vicki Burdick said...

I do remember that set. I love these cards, you know I love a tilted panel!!!

Cindy Linthicum said...

Great set of manly cards! Love the colors you used.