Friday, March 22, 2019

Happy Easter

Hello & Happy Friday!

Man oh day....we had SO much rain in the last 24-36 hours!
About 3 and a half inches of rain is what I heard this morning! WOW!!
I figured it had to be alot because during the night our sump pumps in the basement started kicking off & on. One is located right under our bedroom and you cannot help but hear it. I won't complain though because it's doing what it's suppose too!
The rain has stopped but now the winds have taken over w gusts over 40 mph!
Yep, gonna be a hang on to your hat kind of day!

Today I have the 2nd Easter card to share that I made for my customer and the special little girl she requested it for. I had to make them different since they are sisters.
I found another sketch yesterday while blog hopping and so my card was created.




I started by looking thru a folder of patterned papers and found this adorable bunny paper that has been in my stash for about 10 years! It is by Moxxie.
I took a Stitched Shape Framelit (the smallest) and diecut 3 bunnies out and made this my focal point.
I layered the bunnies on a Square Layering Framelit diecut of Powder Pink.
My Whisper White panel was embossed with the Basket Weave EF and I LOVE this embossing folder! 
The center piece of Powder Pink was cut and stamped with Happy Easter from the retired Teeny Tiny Wishes set in black but I smeared the ink when I glued it down. I was not happy about that!
Then I just stamped the saying in Powder Pink on Whisper White cardstock and punched it out with the Classic Label Punch and added some rhinestones. 
I layered it all onto my Powder Pink Cardbase and called this done!

Card Details:

Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes (retired)
Ink: Powder Pink
Cardstock: Powder Pink, Whisper White, Patterned Paper by Moxxie
Accessories: Stitched Shapes Framelits, Square Layering Framelits, Basket Weave EF, Classic Label Punch, Rhinestones, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue


A very easy & quick card to create if it had not been for my smeared ink issue!
I thought it still turned out ok!

********************************************************************
My thoughts today....


Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!
~Wendy

3 comments:

LeAnne said...

This is adorable! You saved that cute little bunny paper for just the right challenge! A perfect little Easter card! It is raining bunnies and chicks here too...way past the cats & dogs stage, LOL! Looking forward to some sunshine SOON!

Carol L said...

What a fun find in that dsp that works perfectly for this sketch! It's totally cute and thanks for reminding me that I have this embossing folder that's going to be great for Easter cards! We were at Costco in that wind and it nearly blew me over! I held onto the cart for dear life as I felt my body starting to be pushed by that awful wind! Scary for me!! I think I will stay indoors today :)

Vicki Burdick said...

Such cute DSP for your squares! So adorable, perfect for a little one!