Saturday, June 4, 2022

Patriotic Kite Delight

 Good Morning & Happy Saturday!

I hope your weekend is off to a great start!
Shawn is off helping a good friend shingle a roof this morning and I am washing bedsheets and hanging out on the line to dry since we are having some beautiful weather! And who doesn't love the smell of fresh air dried bedsheets?! We got groceries already this week and a quick trip to Sam's Club last evening so I hope that this evening to try and do a bike ride!

Today I am sharing another card made using the super cute Kite Delight stamp set!
I had Memorial Day/July 4th of my mind when making this and I think it turned out adorable except after I was done my hands had ink everywhere! The life of a crafter, right?!




It took precise placement of the stamp on the Real Red & Night of Navy ink pads to get the ink where I wanted it. Sometimes the ink bled into the other part on the stamp. The very bottom kite I ended up inking 2 whole kites one in red and the other in blue and cutting them in half to get the 2 toned kites. What a fiasco that turned out to be! LOL
In the end I did manage to get the look I wanted so I won't complain too much.
This is such a fun stamp set! I know I said that yesterday but it really is!
If you have a chance to grab it before it retires you really should!
It is just delightful!

Card Details:

Stamps: Kite Delight
Ink: Real Red, Night of Navy, Balmy Blue, Daffodil Delight
Cardstock: Real Red, Basic White
Accessories: Real Red Stitched Ribbon (retired), Red Rhinestones, Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

****************************************************
My thoughts today...



Thanks for stopping by & have an amazing day!
~Wendy



2 comments:

LeAnne said...

Adorable! Have fun on your bike ride, and I am hanging clothes out too! Free drying!

Carol L said...

This card is just perfect for the weather we've had the past couple of days! I really like the red, white, and blue and I just WISH I could hang my sheets and towels out to dry but I can't reach up to hang them anymore. I hope you had a fun bike ride with no more incidents like last week! Enjoy!