Monday, June 20, 2022

Engagement Card

 Good Morning & Happy Monday!

It's a cool, crisp morning here especially for June standards!
I won't be complaining because as the approach of the start of summer comes this week, it's going to feel like summer. I'm not a fan of the heat & humidity or running the ac. The weekend weather was so nice and no need to run heat or ac! 

Today I have a quick card to share that I made by request of my card lady.
She needed an Engagement card so this is what I whipped up for her.



Card Details:

Stamps: unknown stamp
Ink: Fresh Freesia
Cardstock: Fresh Freesia, Basic White, Butterfly Kisses DSP
Accessories: Circle Layering Framelits, Tasteful Textile 3D EF, Fresh Freesia In Color Jewels (retired), Fresh Freesia Ribbon, Glue Dots, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

I used the Butterfly Kisses DSP and when my card was done I realized the flowers are actually hearts! I would say that was perfect for an Engagement card!

My card lady raved over it! We delivered her card order last week and she was walking with a cane. Come to find out that she had surgery the day before to have a biopsy on her leg. At 91 years old her Melanoma cancer has come back. I've become very close with her over the last several years so that news hit me a little hard. She has a return appointment this week so we hope to know more then. Please keep my card lady, Audrey, in your thoughts & prayers. 

That is all for me today!
I have a busy day ahead and really hope to get out for a quick bike ride this evening before the heat & humidity comes. It's been a few weeks!

*************************************************
My thoughts today...


Thanks for stopping by & enjoy your day!
~Wendy





2 comments:

Carol L said...

This card is absolutely beautiful! I love the colors and design. So sorry to hear about your card lady and her cancer coming back. Prayers she's going to be well soon. I've been down since Friday with a killer sore throat and loss of my voice. Butch had it Thursday when he saw the Dr and passed it on to me. YUK! I am just never sick, so this is a big surprise. I didn't get to enjoy any of that gorgeous weather over the weekend as I was indoors chilling and resting. Boo hoo!

D'Ann said...

Oh Wendy, I'm very sad to hear about your card lady. She is a regular on your blog in the form of the cards you create, and I hope that it turns out well. I look forward to the cards you make for her! She will be in my thoughts and prayers. Your engagement card is just so pretty! Love the colors!