Thursday, August 10, 2023

Nathan's Wedding Card

 Good Morning & Happy Thursday!

I am off to a dentist appointment first thing this morning, just for a cleaning.
After today I won't be going back until i'm ready for my next cleaning in 6 months. I have almost all of my dental work completed. I have one crown left to be replaced and decided I will wait until sometime next year to do it. Kelsey & Shady will be moving out next week and we have a few things around the house that need to be taken care of before winter arrives. It's always something when you own a home, isn't it?

Today I have a pretty card to share with you!
Audrey called with her next card order and she requested one for her grandson who is getting married Labor Day weekend. She gave me the wedding invite and I looked high & low for DSP that looked like it but came up empty handed. So, this is what I made for her.




Card Details:

Stamps: Suite Sayings (retired)
Ink: Mossy Meadow
Cardstock: Thick Very Vanilla, Very Vanilla, Petal Promenade DSP (retired)
Accessories: Nested Essentials Dies, Everyday Label Punch (retired), Crochet Trim Chantilly Lace (retired), Very Vanilla Dots, Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

I talked to her about this card and she said she will love whatever I make for her.
I'm alittle unsure of the lace trim on this though. I wanted to add some because after all it's a wedding card. I tied it into a bow at first but it bulked up the card too much so I just added it laying under the sentiment. I think every wedding card has to have lace on it!

********************************
My thoughts today...


My thoughts are with my sweet card lady, Audrey, as her cancer has returned.
She starts treatment today and i'm praying all goes smoothly for her.
If you recall, last summer she was doing treatment and suddenly went into shock and decided to stopped all treatments. She said at 92 she lived a long, happy life and has been blessed by the good Lord in so many ways. She recently found out her cancer has returned and told her Oncologist that she has to be around for so many life events coming up in next year and agreed to start treatment! She has 3 grandchildren getting married in the next several months and a granddaughter who is expecting her 2nd great grandchild to be born in November! So, yes, she has alot of life events coming up and I know if I was in her shoes i'd wanna be here to experience them with my family! I'm wishing her all the luck in the world and pray for her that she gets thru this.
I'll update you if I hear anything but please keep her in your thoughts & prayers!

Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!
~Wendy



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty card

Carol L said...

I think the wedding card is beautiful with a strip of lace behind the sentiment. That gorgeous designer paper really deserves the spotlight as weddings are always all about beautiful fresh flowers! I'm so sorry to hear about Audrey's cancer battle starting all over again, but I have a feeling she'll be around to enjoy these family events she so wants to be a part of. God has truly blessed her with a long, joyful life and I pray she'll be able to enjoy the weddings and births in her future. Prayers already being sent for her. Take care today! Hugz

LeAnne said...

I love this! I think the lace is just lovely....adds some finesse to those gorgeous papers and as you said, a bow would be too bulky! Just gorgeous, she'll love it!