Thursday, August 17, 2023

Color & Contour Thank You

 Good Morning & Happy Thursday!

Last evening Kelsey was able to pick up the keys to her new apartment which was so exciting!
We spent most of yesterday bringing her totes up from the storage room in the basement to the garage and emptying out the attic where she had some of her furniture stored. You never really know how much stuff you collect until you move! Today she works so the moving won't start until tomorrow evening and by Saturday she should be fully moved in. Then the fun starts for me as to getting my house back to where it was 10 months ago!

So, this past week I spend a few days at my stamp table and I created so many cool things to get me thru the next week or 2 since I will be preoccupied getting my house back to normal. I worked on a few Thank You cards for customers just to have on hand when I need them. I pulled out a stamp set called Color & Contour that I don't think I have ever inked up! It came out in the 2022-2023 Annual Catty and I used the coordinating Scallop Contour Dies many times in the last year but never used the stamps. 



Card Details:

Stamps: Color & Contour
Ink: Night of Navy, Crushed Curry
Cardstock: Night of Navy, Bubble Bath, Crushed Curry, Basic White, Delightfully Eclectic DSP
Accessories: Basics 3D EF, Scalloped Contour Dies, Stylish Shapes Dies, Circle Layering Framelits (retired), Milky Dots (retired), Night of Navy Ribbon, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

So pleased with how this turned out and the new color, Bubble Bath, really makes this card pop! I was not sure I liked it until I paired it with the Night of Navy & Crushed Curry colors. The embossed panel is one of the Online Exclusives from March called Basics 3D. This set has 3 embossing folders in it. This crosshatch pattern is probably my favorite but there is a polka dot & a flower (almost looks like starfish) patterns, too! These are still available thru the Online Exclusives from Stampin Up!. 
They are worth their weight in gold in my honest opinion!

Today I am making a batch of homemade Chicken Corn soup since I have 2 dozen of fresh corn on the cob to use up. I will freeze some and probably send a container along with Kelsey to her new place. Nothing like fresh corn! 

**************************************
My thoughts today...


Thanks for stopping by & make it a wonderful day!
~Wendy




2 comments:

Carol L said...

I just love love love that sentiment, and I don't think I've ever seen one like that. I also love that embossing folder too but the whole card is just amazing with those colors! Good luck to Kelsey with her new apartment, and that soup sounds wonderful too! I haven't made corn soup in quite some time. Have a great Thursday!

LeAnne said...

This is really pretty! I love how you pulled all the colors from the DSP! This set is one of my favorites...great sentiments and fun florals! Congrats to Kelsey on her new digs! How exciting!