Friday, August 25, 2023

Cottage Wreath

 Hello & Happy Fri-YAY!

We've made it to the weekend!
My back & my left hip is still giving me a bit of grief this morning. I'm sure the ac being on last night did not help my arthritis but hopefully in a few days I will get back to feeling better. The last week has been a challenge on my back with helping to lift furniture and boxes and as careful as I was, I am still feeling the strain. 
Advil, Ben Gay & my heating pad all have become my friends!

Today I have a monochromatic card to share with you using the Cottage Wreath set. It is probably my most favorite stamp set because I love how versatile this set is. It can be used at anytime of the year! With the summer winding down and being reminded that Fall is around the corner I decided to make this a card for Fall.




I am really missing my Soft Suede color since SU! retired it in May. I resorted to pulling out Pecan Pie which replaced it and so far I like it! My wreath was stamped in Pecan Pie and I added a bow that was diecut from the Country Wreath Dies. Then I stamped the trio of leaves in Crushed Curry, Cherry Cobbler & Pumpkin Pie and added them to my sentiment with a Linen Thread bow. Was pleased with how it turned out but I think it needs some sparkle! Before I mail it out I just might add some clear Rhinestones.

Card Details:

Stamps: Cottage Wreath
Ink: Pecan Pie, Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry, Cherry Cobbler
Cardstock: Pecan Pie, Basic White, Glorious Gingham DSP
Accessories: Stylish Shapes Dies, Country Wreath Dies, Linen Thread, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

Another day of rest is ahead for me then this evening a trip to Sam's Club.
Shawn just might have to put me in a seated cart to wheel me around! LOL Picture that!

************************************
My thoughts today...


So true!
Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!
~Wendy




2 comments:

LeAnne said...

I LOVE this card! I do like Pecan Pie and think it has replaced Soft Suede nicely! AND I love this layout! So fun and perfect for that pretty wreath. I do love my orange, so that bow does it for me! And of course some bling is always a happy thing! Hope your body starts feeling better, LOL!

Carol L said...

I just love this beautiful fall card. The colors, the wreath, and the little orange bow just perfectly coordinate and I love all the tiny leaves on the sentiment panel too! Gorgeous creation! Wishing you a relaxing day of healing and calm and I hope you will feel better soon! We don't bounce back quickly anymore like we once did at a younger age! Take care, big hugs!