Saturday, February 19, 2022

My BeeBug Card

 Hello & Happy Saturday, Friends!

A cold Saturday is on tap here but the weather people are saying we are in for another warm up this week. My dogs go to Doggy Day Spa today and they are calling for snow squalls around mid day. I hope we don't have any issues going to pick them up later on!

I've got a really cute card to share today that I made using the Ladybug Builder Punch.
I turned my Ladybug into a Beebug!





Card Details:

Stamps: Special Moments (SAB 22)
Ink: Crushed Curry
Cardstock: Basic Black, Crushed Curry, Basic White, Vellum, Pattern Party DSP (Hostess)
Accessories: Ladybug Builder Punch, Ornate Frames Dies, Black Glittered Ribbon, Rhinestones, Vellum Tape, Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue


To make the Beebug I used some scrap pieces of Crushed Curry cardstock measuring 1/8 inch wide and layered them onto some scrap Basic Black cardstock then punched them out using the Ladybug Builder Punch. Then I took some scrap vellum and punched out the wings. I layered the wings on my Bee body with Vellum Tape which is something Stampin Up! does not carry. I got mine at a local stamp store. It's worth every cent since it does not show thru the vellum paper! Before I adhered the vellum on I took my bone folder and curled the wings up. That little thing really made my Beebug come to life! 
I hope you will give this a try!

This really was so much fun to create!

*********************************************
My thoughts today...



Thanks for stopping by & enjoy your day!
~Wendy




1 comment:

Carol L said...

oh, that is one cute bee you made with that ladybug punch! Adorable card! We just had that snow squall and it was wicked and wild! One minute the sun was shining brightly and within 5 minutes we couldn't see the house across the street with blinding snow! Now all the tree trunks are white and so is the ground! Weird! Hopefully you got your pooches back safely before that one hit! It was scary and I was glad we were both home when it hit! I don't think I've ever seen a "squall" quite like that one!