Sunday, February 27, 2022

Parts & Pieces Challenge

 Good Morning & Happy Sunday, Everyone!

It's a beautiful sunny morning here in PA after a very cold day yesterday.
Temps are to get to 50 this afternoon but it's to get very windy again.
We just can't seem to shake the wind but I guess that's a tell tail sign we are headed into March!

On Friday I decided to play along with a Facebook Challenge that Marisa Alvarez did during her Thursday FB Live that she does every week on her FB page.
This challenge was called parts & pieces and she tells you what you need like sizes in cardstock & DSP. Then it's up to you to design your cards with those measurements. She used the Honey Bee bundle and the Friendly Hello from the SaleABRation offering.
We can decorate our cards however we please but have to use the "Parts & Pieces" that she gives us.

Here is the challenge...


Here are my cards...







My cardbase measured 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 scored at 4 1/4.
I ran one half of my cardbase thru the Big Shot with the Tasteful Textile 3D EF. 
Next I cut my Pansy Petals DSP to the challenge size of 3 x 5. That 3 x 5 piece we can cut down but the size cannot be any bigger. I cut mine down. 2 pieces measured 1 x 3. And 1 piece measures 3 x 3. I staggered those pieces on mixing up the patterns.
My diecut sentiment panel is from the Hippo & Friends Dies. I stamped my sentiment on it from the Pansy Patch stamp set and glued it down.
Next I diecut my pretty flowers from the Pansy Petals DSP using the coordinating Pansy Dies. I diecut a large and a small pansy from the DSP and layered them along side my sentiment. Lastly, I added a Bumble Bee Gingham bow and some Polished Pink In Color Jewels for a pop of sparkle. 

I was so thrilled with these and love the texture that the embossing folder gives my cards. 
I made a pack of 5 and put them on my card rack to sell.


Card Details:

Stamps: Pansy Patch
Ink: Polished Pink
Cardstock: Pale Papaya, Basic White, Pansy Petals DSP
Accessories: Tasteful Textile 3D EF, Hippo & Friends Dies, Pansy Dies, Bumble Bee Gingham, In Color Jewels, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

**********************************************
My thoughts today...


Thanks for stopping by & have a wonderful day!
~Wendy






2 comments:

D'Ann said...

It's such a pretty card! I love the dsp panel and the color combination you used. That sentiment is just perfect for almost any occasion. I'm sure these will be snatched up in no time!

Carol L said...

You met the challenge with gusto and these cards are just stunning! Those pansies are so pretty in the different colors and I love those 3 panels of dsp that look perfect together. I really REALLY like that sentiment too! Beautiful!