Thursday, February 24, 2022

Special Birthday Card

 Good Morning & Happy Thursday, Everyone!


I have been up pretty much all night! 
I just could not get comfy to sleep.
I'm on my 2nd cup of coffee and i'm sure there is another cup in my future!
I'm usually just a 1 cup a morning person.
I told Shawn I will most likely be in bed right after supper this evening.
Yukky weather is in the forecast for later today. The clouds are pretty heavy this morning and it looks like the sky is ready to drop! Rain, sleet & freezing rain is being forecast but after 3 days of 60 degree days I can't imagine it will lay. Yesterday the temps got to almost 70 and it was a lovely day to walk the dogs! My kind of day, for sure! 🌞

On Tuesday, my card lady called and gave me a big order!
This is the first big order she has given me in awhile and I took advantage of getting it started right away. This card is for her granddaughter who is having a birthday in April.
I pulled out some new pretty paper and made this young lady a simple birthday card.




Isn't it pretty and so springy!
I have been trying to keep my cards easy & simple so my hands don't ache.
They still hurt most days but nothing like I was experiencing.

Card Details:

Stamps: Pocketful of Happiness (retired)
Ink: Mango Melody
Cardstock: Mango Melody, So Saffron, Basic White, Flowering Fields DSP
Accessories: Circle Layering Framelits, Tasteful Textile 3D EF, Evening Evergreen Windowpane Check Ribbon, Brushed Brass Butterflies, Glue Dots, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue


Tomorrow I will share the other granddaughter's birthday card that I made her.
Both of her granddaughter's birthday's are in April and I chose to use the same package of paper except a different print. I really liked both cards and can't wait to share it with you!

****************************************************************
My thoughts today...


And lots of coffee!

Thanks for stopping by & enjoy your day!
~Wendy



2 comments:

Carol L said...

This is such a simple and classic design with pretty papers and another of your cute little bows! These extreme weather changes are playing games with my old body and not only can't I sleep, I can't get comfy either. I'm too hot or too cold and don't know how to dress anymore! Hope the coffee helps and I too will appreciate all the small things in life. Take care of those hands too!

LeAnne said...

This is such a bright and cheerful card, love that ribbon and the background DSP! I feel your sleeplessness pain...have the same trouble. Add to the fact that our coffeemaker bit the dust on Tuesday! And it's BRRRR cold here today--stay warm!